Material Handler-1903134 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis on process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in. BASF is always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Material Handler (1903134) - Greenville, OH
* Loading and off-loading packaged materials
* Staging materials to support production
* Operating powered industrial equipment such as forklifts and yard tractors
* Familiarity with material handling safety/hygiene issues
* Maintain assigned inspections and housekeeping duties
* Computer skills to accomplish training opportunities
* Position must advance to be multi-functional and knowledgeable regarding department tasks for Material Handlers
* Applicant must be willing to work in and be a part of a continuously developing team -oriented atmosphere
* Motivation to assist other team members as work flow dictates are required
* Must be able to demonstrate a steady work pace with changing priorities
* Advancement of skills and knowledge in relation to department duties is also required
* Strong safety commitment is necessary to be a part of this team
* Support Process Safety programs through participation in compliance audits, Pre-Start up Safety Reviews, PHAs (Revalidations; Clean-Sheets) and other hazard / risk assessment activities; utilize available
* Process Safety Information in the safe performance of work activities as well as complete and provide feedback on Process Safety related training
* Participate in process safety related incident investigations and complete assigned action items in a timely manner
* Accept personal responsibility to act according to process safety regulations and company directives
* Demonstrate understanding of primary hazards in work area and the safeguards in place to manage them as this is a safety sensitive position
* Ability to lift to 55lbs
This position is 12 hr. rotating shifts.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you @BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You...
High school diploma or GED.
a minimum of 1 year of forklift experience in a warehouse setting
Hazardous Materials Handling Certification CFR49
Material handling, forklift and yard tractor operation, and experience with handling chemicals preferred.
Strong teamwork skills as well as the ability to have a self-directed work ethic.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-OH-Greenville
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.