The Region Manager will have overall strategic responsibility for a single large strategic customer on-site at the customer location supporting multiple locations encompassing a broad geographic area. Primary objective is to be the strategic visionary for the account, ensuring a strong continuous improvement and project governance foundation is developed and maintained according to Penskeâ€™s contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationship and confidence are established. The region manager is also responsible for all data analytics and reporting for the account. Build customer satisfaction by focusing on filling the continuous improvement pipeline, implementing changes and providing strategic analysis both in distribution and network optimization. Pursue vertical growth opportunities through both local customer interaction and customer experience team process.
- Provides opportunities for associates to work on meaningful projects to increase knowledge sharing and development, Interview and hire salaried associates up to Region Manager level, Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels of operations, Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
Supply Chain Analytics and Network Design:
- Develop strategic plans to build a continuous improvement pipeline including service and cost impact, working through each initiative, managing the value tracker and project governance process. In conjunction with the customer, develops and maintains landed cost analytics. Identifies and works with the customer on strategic value projects related to distribution channels, inventory planning, transportation optimization and other future growth initiatives.
Performance Analytics and Executive Reporting:
- Develops complete metrics package for driving visibility and improvement across the customer organization. Identifies predictive analytics opportunities that provide the customer with new opportunities to address their network proactively. Manages the OTIF metrics development and all financial, sustainability and KPI related metrics. Responsible for cost to serve initiatives, overall IT dashboards to drive orchestration across the entire customer network, both internal and external.
- Instill in the operations leadership team and associates that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is a recognized indicator of individual and team effectiveness, Actively participate in the development and effective execution of location strategies and performance goals, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the competitive landscape of the customer's business across the globe and align resources to develop a solution, Work with Customer Experience Team to develop and maintain the strategic growth plan for the customer, Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
-8 - 10 years related logistics experience required
-5 - 8 years managerial experience, including multi-site P&L responsibility required
-Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required
-Master's or advanced degree preferred.
-Customer Relationship management, including demonstrated sales success with existing business required
-Strong change management experience
-Project Management, including operations start-up and/or closedown experience preferred
-Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling, use of routing, Transportation Management and Warehouse Management applications preferred
-Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience (Transportation, Warehouse, Lead Logistics Provider, etc) preferred
-Multi-level presentation & communication skills (internally and externally) required
-Strong Financial Experience and Problem Solving / Process Improvement and Control skills required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Work Locations: 150 N Dairy Ashford Rd Houston, TX 77079
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1909579
Internal Number: 1909579
About Penske Truck Leasing
Consider Penske for your next career move. Penske offers dynamic career opportunities in virtually every field and profession. We're always seeking high-performance people with a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards. Sound like you?