Arconic is currently in search of a Procurement Operations Strategic Buyer to join our Global Rolled Products (GRP) Operations business unit at our Lancaster Operations facility.
At Arconic, our goal is to be the best company in the world! Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets. We bring design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic’s businesses as a single source solution for our customers. GRP’s mission is to be the world’s leading aluminum producer with the widest variety of coil, sheet and plate products in the world.
· The Strategic Buyer executes on relevant Procurement strategies, measures and activities in close cooperation with Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead.
· The overall goal is to achieve the best total cost position for all external spend of the respective Business Unit (BU) plant, the lowest sourcing risks, best supplier performances and ensuring highest efficiency and effectiveness of the BU Plant Procurement team.
· He/she ensures the optimal collaboration of BU Plant Procurement with Global Category Management and Regional Procurement to achieve best procurement results
Major Activities/Key Challenges:
· Reports to Business Unit Procurement Plant Lead
· Supports all relevant Plant Procurement Operations functions
· Executes on savings initiatives and initiates counter measures if necessary
· Performance areas: Cost Savings (SRT), Supplier performance, challenging of material & service specifications (demand management)
· Communicates Supplier issues to Business Unit Procurement Operations Director and Category Management
· Participates in supplier meetings jointly with Category Lead and/or Country Lead if relevant for the Plant
· The position requires travel, 25% of the time.
· This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
US LNX Lancaster,Pennsylvania
1480 Manheim Pike
Shift: Day Job
Job Type Salaried: salaried
Job Level: Non-Management
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
· 3 years previous work experience in purchasing management
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Economics, or Engineering from an accredited Institution
· Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
· Communication and negotiation skills
· Technical understanding preferred
· Financial awareness
· Results and Customer-oriented
Internal Number: 19001563
Arconic is a company specializing in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing. Arconic's products, which include aluminum, titanium, and nickel, are used worldwide in aerospace, automotive, commercial transportation, packaging, building and construction, oil and gas, defense, consumer electronics, and industrial applications. Arconic's operations consist of three worldwide reportable segments: Global Rolled Products, Engineered Products and Solutions, and Transportation and Construction Solutions.