We are seeking an experienced Category Manager to join the Procurement department in the Campbell River office. The
successful candidate will be willing to embrace change and challenge the status quo, can build excellent relationships
and will have very good influencing skills.
• Participate in sourcing and procurement activities for Mowi Canada West locally, nationally and globally.
• Identify innovative opportunities to reduce the cost of goods and/or services.
• Assist in the development, contribution and reporting of the department’s key performance indicators.
• Assist in the implementation of new purchasing procedures to improve the efficiency of the department.
• Provide operational support for employees in the purchasing system, currently Opus Capita (master data
• Develop and maintain supplier evaluation protocols.
• Forge and maintain relationships with suppliers and internal customers.
• Analytical, problem solving, negotiation and evaluation skills.
• Flexible, self-directed, proactive, motivated, and results orientated.
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
• Knowledge of end to end Procurement best practices.
• Solid knowledge of modern purchasing information systems.
• Ability to determine total cost of ownership for any given material / service.
• SCMA or equivalent certification considered an asset.