1) Leads a team(s) in providing strategic value to assigned customer(s) that include the following:
A) Directs the Pharmacy Category sourcing strategy, builds strong working relationships with the pharmacy clinical team, analyzes pharmacy data, and communicates effectively with pharmacy leadership.
B) Manages supplier relationships (SRM) between suppliers and Intermountain Healthcare by coordinating complex and critical decision making processes, implementation, and service delivery for assigned customers.
C) Responsible to work with internal key stakeholders to establish strategic customer goals to deliver savings and efficiencies to Intermountain Healthcare.
D) This position also manages key stakeholder relationship management (CRM), coordinating complex and critical projects in the supply chain for the key stakeholder. Responsible for annual business plans, sourcing initiative tracking and reporting, key stakeholder coordination and communication on Supply Chain initiatives.
Essential Job Duties
1) Directs efforts between key stakeholders and various Supply Chain teams. Develops a multi-year business plan with VPs, AVPs and Directors that align to Supply Chain initiatives to stakeholder goals. Collaborates with stakeholders to prioritize opportunities. Engages the appropriate Supply Chain leaders and their respective teams to deliver the value outlined in the business plan. Using a solid understanding of finance, business case development, financial modeling, and the related analysis and total cost of ownership understanding and analysis, implements demand management strategies, utilization management strategies and supply management strategies.
2) Serves as primary executive point of contact on behalf of Intermountain Healthcare with suppliers. Monitors, evaluates and manages performance of suppliers. Monitors, develops and manages overall relationships with suppliers. Defines center of excellence for supplier business reviews (process and templates). Works with business leadership to implement business reviews and business plans with the suppliers representing 80% of the contracted portfolio. Work with business to establish and manage strategic supplier goals. Monitor supply risk contracted suppliers in portfolio. Drives continuous improvement plans with suppliers. Ensures that executive level relationships exist between supplier and Intermountain where appropriate such that value can be optimized.
3) Provides industry insights and marketplace understanding to stakeholders and other senior leadership for assigned portfolio. Provides product, service and category expertise to stakeholders and other senior leadership for assigned portfolio. Ensures that sourcing strategies are consistent with stakeholder's strategies and objectives. Ensures that distribution/logistics strategies proposed by Supply Chain Operations departments are consistent with stakeholder's strategies and objectives.
4) Leads the stakeholder-facing implementation, project planning, and communications planning efforts for Supply Chain initiatives. Tracks value and generates insightful reports for stakeholders and end users.
5) Guides stakeholders to ensure they are aware of policies, procedures, guidelines, contracts and standards for assigned service line(s). Collaborates with Audit to ensure compliance. Manages requests for product standard deviations. Develops and implements process to manage new product introductions, new product innovations and new technology throughout portfolio. Influences compliance to preferred suppliers and to product standards throughout the system.
6) Ensures Intermountain's contractual obligations are met and that expiration dates are proactively managed. Serves as escalation point between Intermountain Healthcare and supplier. Reconciles pricing discrepancies and other supplier related issues. Responsible to lead activities surrounding supplier legal regulatory compliance tracking. Leads the dispute resolution process on contract items and ensures a high level of contract performance management.
7) Manages team of Sourcing Managers and Sourcing Specialists with the focus on n assigned customer(s). Responsible for end-to-end supply chain solution representation to the service line. Attracts, develops and retains talent base. Evaluates skill levels of each direct report. Conducts annual reviews with all direct reports and helps drive career development. Performs leadership functions such as goal setting, performance reviews and assures compliance with required training and education assignments.
8) Acts as a liaison between assigned staff and other teams. This would include contract issues, GPO issues, participating in supplier business meeting, etc. Acts as a liaison between Department and non-Supply Chain departments (Such as AP, IT, HR, Auditing, etc.) and between staff and Regional Directors. This includes conducting customer service surveys, customer service issues, and adding new services.
Master's Degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
Seven years of experience in a role requiring strategic and operational focus on supply chain sourcing and / or supplier management involving highly-complex analysis and project management.
Five years of direct experience in strategic sourcing and / or category management.
Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
See and read computer monitors and documents.
Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
Master's Degree in business or supply chain management.
Five years of direct experience in strategic sourcing and / or category management within the health care industry.
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based, not-for-profit system of 23 hospitals, a Medical Group with more than 1,600 physicians and advanced practice clinicians at about 180 clinics, a health plans division called SelectHealth, and other health services. Helping people live the healthiest lives possible, Intermountain is widely recognized as a leader in clinical quality improvement and efficient healthcare delivery.