Emerson Pressure management [Region] seeks to recruit a Regional Category Leader
The position encompasses sourcing activities for a Category of strategic purchases for a site or a group of sites at Emerson. The strategic Categories will be Castings and Forgings.
The role is based in Stafford and covers for the North America manufacturing sites.
The incumbent will report to a Regional Category Manager Castings & Forgings, Americas
· Site Operations/Materials Managers: to understand site needs & requirements and support Execution
· Sales / Engineering: to assist in the project specifications, BOM, and margin expectations
· IT : to assist with ERP and data extractions
· Finance: to support financial analysis and cost modelling
Responsibilities and deliverables include
· Execute annual plan and 3-5 years’ strategic plans for Castings.
a. The annual plan will include projects to achieve cost containment, lead time and service level improvement (RDSL), quality improvements and supply risk scoring and mitigations.
b. The 3-5 years’ plans will include suppliers’ rationalization/ consolidation and suppliers identified as “growth, maintain or exit”.
· Management of key Castings and forgings Suppliers in Americas through conducting periodic suppliers review and building of strong relationship.
Conduct suppliers’ business review; provide feedback on performance. Assess suppliers’ performance and training needs and propose supplier development plans for continuous improvement. Drive and track continuous improvement programs with a focus on performance on quality, lead-time, service level and capacity to provide speed and agility. Obtain market intelligence and understand supplier’s plans and long term strategies. Provide a road map to mitigate risk in supply chain or improve supply chain flexibility and monitor the execution.
· Lead negotiations with key suppliers for long-term agreements (contracts) or cost containment projects.
This includes suppliers that are exporting out to other PRM sites in America or Europe. Negotiations should include worldwide spend with any supplier and not limited to spend of Asian sites only.
· Perform a quarterly review of supplier’s SWOT such as overall performance and supply risk. That includes and not limited to;
Devise a plan to phase out non-performing suppliers and introduce replacement supplier. Present a business case for supplier(s) to expand their capacity to meet our forecasted volume and be flexible to meet variation of team.
· Understands the cost drivers for the castings categories and provide updated market intelligence to Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Product Management. Set and standardize price adjustments mechanisms through raw materials adjustments in contracts.
· Identify leveraging opportunities with other PRM sites worldwide or within Final Controls and Emerson.
Be the PRM [Region] representative for castings and resolve conflicts with suppliers.
Education and experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Finance, Operations, Technical or Business
Minimum 5 years functional experience, in one or more of the following areas: Supply, Engineering, Finance or Operations. Work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Extensive project and change management experience supported by a methodology
Good experience in spend analytics methodologies & best practice implementation
Experience in implementing supplier improvement programs
Excellent negotiation skills and contract management
Professional understanding of the respective category market and key cost drivers
Good project management experience within multi-disciplinary teams
Experience in e-Sourcing (eg: ARIBA) preferred.
Fluent in English and the local language of the site(s) in scope of responsibility. Additional language advantageous
Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
Ability to deal with different levels of the organization; must be able to effectively communicate to a diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, finance, operations, materials management, quality and engineering
High level of integrity, managerial courage, assertiveness and ability to work through resistance to change
Self- driven personality; High attention to detail required
Embrace Emerson values.
Internal Number: 19000753
About Emerson Automation Solutions
Our Automation Solutions business is focused
on the most critical challenges facing our planet
—how to make the greatest use of the world’s
valuable resources. If it flows through a valve
or a pipe, we’ve likely been involved in making
it flow safer and more efficiently.
Our dedicated employees are advancing
the industries that are the backbone of daily
life—including oil and gas, chemicals, power
generation, life sciences, food and beverage,
water and wastewater, automotive, and
packaging—and making a positive impact
along the way.
Emerson helps customers reach what we call
“Top Quartile” performance by offering the most
comprehensive, integrated suite of technologies
and engineering services to design and automate
new production facilities and to measure, control,
analyze, optimize and power ongoing operations.
Our leading product brands include: Appleton,
ASCO, Bettis, Branson, DeltaV, Fisher, Micro
Motion, Ovation and Rosemount.