The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data visualization and assurance, and ground stations.
SDL is seeking a highly skilled and experienced purchasing administrator (senior buyer) to join our rapidly growing organization. In this position, you will purchase and place orders for materials, supplies, or services. This position will work and coordinate closely with other buyers, accounting, contracts, property, and quality assurance. The purchasing administrator will report to the purchasing manager, performing duties such as purchasing and placing orders for materials, supplies, or services; evaluating quotes for bids and services; following up on all orders until delivery; and coordinating with accounting to resolve invoicing questions.
· BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or similar field
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in purchasing
· Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), agency supplements, Small Business Administration, and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
· Experience with ISO 9001 standard as they relate to purchasing functions
· Strong working knowledge of sourcing and purchasing techniques in the federal defense & aerospace market
· Experience with Federal Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) audits
· Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated experience in complex negotiations
· Outstanding decision making skills and ability to work well with numbers
· Significant experience in collecting and analyzing data
· Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), web browsers, and database packages
· Sound fiscal and time management skills, attention to detail, and priority management to meet conflicted deadlines
· Must be US citizen
· MBA, MS, MPA, or directly related graduate degree
· Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or related professional credentials
· Knowledge of International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations and related regulatory constructs
· Experience with international transactions
· Experience drafting and/or modifying relevant policies and procedures
· Knowledge of and experience in a sole source business environment
SDL Benefits: SDL offers competitive salaries and benefits. As a University Affiliated Research Center (UARC), SDL also offers unique benefits, such a flexible work schedule and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents.
Internal Number: 10006
About Space Dynamics Laboratory
As a nonprofit unit of the Utah State University Research Foundation, SDL has been solving the technical challenges faced by the military, science community, and industry since 1959.
SDL’s solutions include improved data gathering and analysis tools for all branches of the military and powerful remote and in situ sensing solutions—with an emphasis in electro-optical sensing in the near UV to far IR.
Visit our website at http://www.sdl.usu.edu/ for more information.