Associate Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
West Hills, CA
HELP US BRING THE GIFT OF HEALTH TO LIFE.
Working at Pharmavite is an experience like no other. With a focus on complete nutrition for all, each endeavor is urgent and every day counts. You'll have the opportunity to work on the #1 selling national vitamin and supplement brand, Nature Made, as well as an exciting portfolio of other products that are shaping the future of the healthy living industry. Consumer-driven innovation, high quality products and a promising portfolio, all driven by a team with a shared sense of purpose -- that's Pharmavite. Join us to bring the gift of health to life.
At Pharmavite, every employee has a stake in bringing the gift of health to life. We never shy away from disruptive innovation and tough challenges, because we're making real nutrition accessible to consumers everywhere in new and different ways. And because we know every nutriment we make matters, we have to make sure each one is just right before we make it ready for use. With this great responsibility comes the satisfaction that your contribution makes a real and significant difference.
Critical contributions this role is counted on to deliver include:
- Manage category with $10-30M spend.
- Identify and develop the supply pipeline, sourcing and selecting appropriate suppliers, working with Quality to qualify suppliers, and negotiating prices in order to obtain the best possible prices.
- Develop process improvements and supply chain performance from development stage through to production. Address supply, quality, invoice and logistics issues.
- Support New Product Development process by bringing new items and technologies from external sources.
- Manages strategic supplier relationships including periodic cross functional strategic supplier review sessions and/or risk analysis to drive overall supplier value improvement.
- Maintain vendor performance history.
The ideal candidate is excited to join our Procurement team as we journey into new growth opportunities for Pharmavite. You have excellent people skills with the gift of persuasion, are a self starter and team oriented. You're comfortable navigating new ventures and have a passion for health and wellness.
You'll be most successful in this role if you have:
- Ability to influence/persuade both internally and externally.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to plan for the future with suppliers and proactive to mitigate risks.
- Ability to work in an autonomous environment as a self starter who is motivated and disciplined.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally across the organization as well as with vendors.
- Good communication skills.
- A passion for health and wellness.
It's an exciting time in Pharmavite's history. After 45 years of leading the healthy living industry with award-winning vitamins and supplements, the company has experienced great success and has gained the trust of consumers, healthcare professionals, and retailers alike. But there's more growth ahead of us than behind us, and for our employees this translates into opportunity. Our rapidly changing business enables employees to take on new challenges and transform Pharmavite for the future.