Supply Chain Manager- Operations-1805841 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Supply Chain Manager - Operations (1805841) – Florham Park, NJ
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to manage the North America export management, project management, logistics coordination, and supply chain analytics functions within the Nutrition & Health (EN) division; including leading a team of supply chain professionals and ensuring clear objectives, training, and development plans are in place.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Utilizing your strong leadership qualities, you will lead a team of supply chain professionals, ensuring clear objectives and development plans (including required training) are in place.
· As a strategic thinker, you will act as Project Manager for EN's Customer Collaboration initiative with a strong focus on developing strategic supply chain interfaces with key customers.
· Your strong customer focus will be a valued asset as you lead EN efforts in customer satisfaction metrics with a strong focus on delivery reliability improvements from both a domestic and import/export perspective.
· Leveraging your education in Business, Logistics, Engineering or a related field combined with your experience in a multi-channel supply chain environment, you will act as the primary EN interface to operational supply chain service platform functions (Distribution network, Command Center, Logistics Procurement, Customs brokers ( BDP) ).
· Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will d evelop strong network with service partners (both internal and external) and monitor activities on a regular basis to ensure service levels are aligned with EN business requirements.
· Your excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills will be vital as you will be responsible for EN export management, ensuring effective communication to BASF affiliates and maintaining an end to end customer focused mindset .
· Your demonstrated robust analytical skills will be essential as you conduct monthly reporting and analysis of supply chain KPI's on both a global and regional basis (including logistics costs). This includes a strong focus on identifying key trends vs. agreed targets and recommending actions to improve overall business performance. Additionally, you will have the primary responsibility for BRM management, including monthly tracking and reporting.
· Demonstrating your strong knowledge of SAP systems and your ability to identify process enhancement opportunities, you will coordinate all EN logistics non-conformances to ensure effective root cause analysis and the implementation of corrective actions to minimize customer impact by the reduction of repetitive complaints. You will also analyze NCM trends and work with business partners (external and internal) to recommend /implement changes to EN business processes where required.
· Using your thorough knowledge of current SCM concepts, project management experience, and any global experience you may have, you will lead and represent EN on both global and regional projects/ initiatives to improve overall supply chain processes and business performance. Additionally, you will participate in and evaluate external benchmarking studies and bring best practices to the EN Supply Chain.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.