Clopay Building Products is North America's largest residential garage door manufacturer. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service as well as unsurpassed quality and innovative products. Our employees are the cornerstone of our success and we are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. We have an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Manager in our Troy, Ohio manufacturing location. Our Troy facility is 1.25 million square feet with 1,400 employees just north of Dayton.
In this position, the successful candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement focused on driving cost and service efficiencies.
• Develop, manage, and control the purchasing department budget.
• Establish and maintain key performance metrics of all level of procurement activities. (e.g. Supplier performance, supplier quality, material shortage elimination)
• Develop and lead purchasing department personnel to include maintaining staffing levels to support business requirements.
• Develop purchasing resources with specific market commodity expertise.
• Lead commodity strategies that drive service, quality and innovation.
• Participate in the developing of material specifications and assure adherence by the supply base.
• Develop and manage inventory tactics and strategies that provide material balances that sufficiently support manufacturing requirements while considering capital investment objectives.
• Plan and develop operating policies, guidelines and procedures for the control of department workflow.
• Ensure adherence to best practices and company purchasing guidelines and ethics.
• Facilitate collaborative efforts between purchasing, manufacturing and engineering that support new product development.
• Develop sourcing strategies that support company objectives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing, Supply Management or related field is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading a Purchasing/Buying group in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Excellent negotiation and inventory control skills.
• Previous Oracle ERP, and Oracle ASCP experience is preferred.
• A strong understanding of material requirements planning is required.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Short-Term Disability, Life Insurance and Educational Assistance. Please visit our website at www.clopaydoor.com to learn more about our company. An Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a drug-free work environment.
EOE Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We welcome applications from Veterans and the Disabled!
About Clopay Building Products
Clopay® is North America's leading residential garage door manufacturer and a preferred supplier of commercial overhead sectional garage doors and coiling steel doors. Clopay offers a broad assortment of beautiful, energy efficient residential garage doors to fit your home style and your budget. Choose either wood or steel carriage house door styles from our Reserve®,Coachman® or Gallery® Collections, or go for a more rustic look with a low-maintenance faux wood composite garage door from our Canyon Ridge® Collection. Our contemporary Avante™ Collection combines aluminum and glass in sleek modern designs. Clopay's Cypress™Collection combines subtle modern beauty with simple upkeep. Clopay's Classic™ Collection of steel raised panel and flush panel garage doors will complement most home styles. Add one of our many decorative window options to customize the door's appearance and let natural light into your garage. Clopay is the only garage door manufacturer to offer ENERGY STAR® qualified fiberglass and steel entry doors to complement our most popular residential garage doors. Clopay's nationwide dealer network installs and services garage doors and openers. From replacing a broke...n spring to inspecting your garage door and opener . Our dealers are experienced professionals that will provide fair and honest service. Garage Door Installation and Service tailored to your needs Clopay® has the largest network of professionally trained dealers in the US. They are trained and dedicated to providing you with the highest possible standard of service. Our dealers will help you personalize your garage door options to transform the look of your home. They will arrive on time for your appointment, or call to arrange another convenient time for you. Every installation and repair is performed with meticulous precision. And Clopay® dealers clean up the area after the work is done and take your old garage door with them. Since our dealers always take your old door with them, your installation is completely convenient and worry-free. Clopay® is the only company that offers complementary styles of entry and garage doors, so you can instantly transform the entire façade of your home. From design and insulation choices to artistic designer glass, our dealers can explain your customization options so you get the perfect door to fit your taste, the style of your home, and your budget. Fall in love with your home all over again, with entry and garage doors from Clopay.