Regional Director Supply Chain - Austin Round Rock
Baylor Scott & White
September 6, 2018
Round Rock, Texas
The Austin/Round Rock Region of Baylor Scott and White serves patients in a geographic area stretching from Georgetown in Williamson County, through the capitol city of Austin, and into San Marcos. The region has 24 primary and specialty care clinics and three hospitals: the 101-bed Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Round Rock, the 106-bed Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lakeway, and the 25-bed Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Taylor, a rural access hospital. Opening in the fall of 2018 will be Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Pflugerville, conveniently located near the intersection of state highways 45 and 130. In March, Baylor Scott & White broke ground on its first medical center in Hays County, in the community of Buda, south of Austin. The Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Buda will be opening in summer 2019.
This Regional Director of Supply Chain provides direction and oversight for the SCS systems facility-based teams functions on a multi-facility (Regional) basis. This position supports our fastest-growing region: Austin/Round Rock. Areas of oversight include financial support/cost management, quality, receiving, Bill only, conversion leadership, inventory management & planning, inventory accuracy, expiration/obsolescence, customer support, distribution, PAR management, deliveries, and Mail Service (when applicable). Reporting to the System Director of Supply Chain, duties include ensuring the highest standards of customer satisfaction are maintained while servicing all areas of the region. The Director will serve as a role model leading a lean process-improvement focused culture striving for operational excellence. In addition, the Regional Director is a key leader identifying and maintaining SCS best practice processes that maximize efficiencies of SCS as a whole. They are also able to leverage their skills to function as a business partner with Regional Hospital Sr Leaders to advance the System strategies.
PROVIDES DIRECTION AND OVERSIGHT FOR THE REGIONAL Multi-site SYSTEMS SCS LOGISTIC FUNCTIONS.
* Directs multi-site/regional functions to include receiving, distribution, par management, mail services and other functions as described above.
*Roughly 70% Strategic 30% Tactical
* Ensures staff training including orientation, competencies and counseling performed according to BSWH policies and procedures.
* Performs ongoing review and direction to staff regarding all regional Supply chain tactical, strategic materials & business requirements.
* Drives performance improvement related to monthly goals and objectives across multiple facilities. Solicits ideas and shares best practices actively. Defines and implements action plans to drive improvement and monitors progress.
* Develops (along with the rest of SCS Leadership) facility specific capital and operating budgets.
ENSURES THE HIGHEST STANDARDS OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ARE MAINTAINED WHLE SERVICING ALL AREAS OF THE REGION.
* Directly interacts with any system and facility staff regarding all regional SCS tactics, strategies, conversion, and business requirements.
ENSURES STANDARDIZATION OF PROCESS BASED ON SCS BEST PRACTICE TO MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCIES OF SCS AS A WHOLE.
* Ensures the overall availability of supplies at all times and identifies root cause/ implements corrective action on service issues.
* Reviews SCS operational processes & procedures on a continual basis to ensure industry recognized best practices are implemented and that standard work is utilized as applicable within the system.
* Audits and updates appropriate policies to reflect standards on a periodic basis and to reflect current best practices.
* Manages the handling, movement, acquisition and disposition of various assets and equipment to ensure best outcome for the BSWH system.
* Manages costs and productivity while offering solutions for potential cost reductions and service enhancements.
*Actively works with employees and self to support and drive talent development, identify high potentials and groom successors. Help define career paths to improve bench strength
* Performs other position-appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional, and courteous manner
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
* Master's Degree - strong preference towards MBA
* Supply Chain certification
* Multi-site leadership experience
* Strong skills in Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint are needed
* Knowledge of supply chain ERP systems
* Strong lean/process improvement skills.
* Demonstrated Project management skills
* Business Analytics
* Strong leadership skills - demonstrated capability to leverage teams and drive to measurable results
* Ability to prioritize and manage both short term tactical and long term strategic activities
* Excellent customer service and people skills
* Must have ability to effectively supervise staff in different physical locations.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!