Distribution Manager-1803832 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Distribution Manager (1803832) – Southfield, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to lead the management of distribution activities supporting the Coatings business in the N.A. region. Will serve as the key business contact to corporate and third party logistics providers (Transportation, Warehouses and Returnable Packaging) and management of the Refinish Field Warehouse distribution network. The position reports to the Director of Supply Chain. This role is responsible for developing and executing our distribution strategy and ensuring optimal cost and delivery management via services provided in the following areas:
· North American Coatings Tote Fleet. This person will manage the supply and demand for 10,000 Returnable Packages (stainless steel totes) to keep the tote fleet fully utilized and balanced. Incumbent will work with Regional & Global teams to implement and maintain SAP Tote Tracking functionality.
· Vendor Management: This position will manage the relationship with 8-10 key vendors. This person will interface with Quality, Technical, Analytical, and Mfg. teams to ensure clearly defined and effective processes are followed so clean totes are delivered to our production sites. Person will define and monitor metrics for cost, delivery, quality, audits.
· Transportation and Freight Cost Analysis: Monitor monthly cost and budget data to ensure department and business objectives are met. Evaluate opportunities for cost savings and service improvements. Work with Commercial support and Product Management to deliver RFQ's for potential new business or to improve current routing / use of carriers.
· Project Management: On an ongoing basis this person will lead or be a member of large, cross functional projects as well as several smaller ones. This will involve developing project plans, identifying risks and opportunities, and driving decisions to completion.
· People Development: This person has direct and indirect responsibility for many people across the region. It is critical strong relationships are maintained and close coordination and communication regularly take place. To be successful the
Internal Number: 517738
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.