Sr. Demand Planner and Project Manager-1803513 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
As a member of the North America Petrochemicals Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for the Demand Planning process for Industrial Petrochemicals and Ethylene Oxide in North America, overseeing the demand forecast planning and collaborative demand management processes. You will also be responsible for the Supply Chain Continuous Improvement and other related projects within the business unit, as well as Project Manage Supply Chain excellence initiatives as defined by the business unit and/or the region.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
Demand Planning for Industrial Petrochemicals (40%): Manage and coordinate the end-to-end forecasting and the demand validation processes in close collaboration with the Sales and Marketing teams from the Plasticizers, Alcohols, Ethylene Oxide, and Monomers business units.
· Ongoing input collection and update of the Sales and Marketing forecast in the APO system.
· Analyze the top-down forecast accuracy, determine reasons for inaccuracy, and adjust the planning process to achieve an improving accuracy trend.
· Ongoing maintenance of APO DP steering tables (master data) and data integrity enhancement.
· Select and use of statistical models for forecast generation with a focus on improving forecast accuracy.
· Optimize shipping location assignments (location mapping) and communicate to the Customer Care team.
Supply Chain Continuous Improvement (C/I) Lead (30%): Manage and Coordinate All Continuous Improvement efforts in Petrochemical's Supply Chain group.
· Capable of achieving or has achieved Six Sigma Green Belt certification
· Identify, Prioritize, and maintain evergreen list of C/I and Six Sigma Supply Chain projects
· Track and drive Six Sigma project execution, facilitating the elimination of hurdles faced by team members through project phases
· Leverage experience with SAP systems and tools to assist Supply Chain team to create increased transparency and availability of information.
· Develop and maintain performance management systems for Supply Chain as part of continuous improvement effort.
Supply Chain Project Manager (30%): Supply Chain liaison for planning and implementation of corporate and business unit initiatives.
· Support SBU Strategy development for Supply Chain topics
· Support regional marketing in preparing investment projects (Supply Chain statements, process support, interface support to relevant units in Germany) .
· Lead/initiate internal Supply Chain excellence projects, including deep dives into internal cost structures, from scope development, through final analysis, recommendation, and implementation
· Focal point for all BASF 4.0 activities related to Supply Chain
**BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education that are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-TX-Houston
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.