Responsible for various activities within the Procurement Organization at FN America including but not limited to PO execution, contract administration, sourcing strategies and supplier development to support the business goals and objectives of the company.
• Demonstrate proactive leadership style in completing procurement projects and assigned responsibilities to drive results that support departmental and individual goals and objectives.
• Execute purchasing functions efficiently to maximize cost, ensure supplier quality performance and on-time delivery to support Operations.
• Develop procurement plans to support new product development projects.
• Develop and implement procurement strategies within assigned area(s) of responsibility as directed.
• Adhere to procedures and policies that ensure compliance to Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as UCC, FAR and any other specific contract requirements.
• Prepare and execute supplier RFQ’s, purchase orders, and back up documentation and ensure adherence to the corporate signature authority policy.
• Responsible for the supplier identification and selection process across all assigned key commodities/products.
• Maintain high ethical and professional standards always as a key representative of the company to outside suppliers.
• Support Small Business Planning and Reporting as defined by the Small Business Administration.
• Resolve vendor/contractor grievances, and claims.
• Utilize appropriate reporting tools and processes to monitor results with a focus on driving for continuous improvement, efficiency improvements.
Education/ Experience Requirements:Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally walk, sit and reach with hands or arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to changes in the work environment.
The Senior Buyer is responsible to the Procurement Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals
with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email
HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for
reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor