Type of Position: Full-Time, 40 hrs/week Location of position: Denver Water’s Administration Building (1600 W. 12th Ave, Denver CO 80204)
Opening Date: May 25, 2017 Closing Date: June 8, 2017
To be considered for this position, candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received and Denver Water reserves the right to end a posting earlier than indicated, please get your application and resume in early! Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers. Resumes may be attached to the application.
The Administrative Services Division at Denver Water is looking for a Procurement Manager to join their team! This position is responsible for providing strategic leadership by planning, organizing, and directing procurement functions, including contracts, purchase orders, purchasing cards, and certain invoice payments. Oversee technical work processes and procedures related to bid/proposal analysis, purchasing, market trends and economic analysis, and contracts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Procurement Manager
· Oversee the purchasing functions of requisitions, evaluation of bids/quotes, purchases of materials, supplies, services, leases, rentals, and issuance of purchase orders.
· Oversee contract development functions including scope coordination, supplier proposals and evaluation, negotiations, awards, approvals, amendments, extensions, supplier performance, termination, and close out of contracts.
· Manage the purchasing card program.
· Develop, plan, and implement short term and long term strategic goals and initiatives.
· Develop, prepare, and administer the procurement team budget as well as monitor expenditures during the fiscal year.
· Establish policies, procedures, quality standards and work methods to monitor and enhance performance.
· Ensure compliance with safety standards, work practices, and efficiency standards.
· Build and develop relationships with key suppliers, local government agencies, various chambers of commerce and minority supplier associations, and industry trade associations.
· Ensure that Denver Water procurement policies are followed, track performance statistics, and support efforts to achieve annual supplier diversity participation goals.
· Monitor macro trends in the supplier base and overall economy. Conduct active or passive market pricing trend analyses, as appropriate. Advise project teams and internal customers of industry trends, technical solutions, suggestions for price indices or benchmarking, and best practices.
· Evaluate supplier performance, internal customer satisfaction, and contract compliance.
· Partner with internal stakeholders to identify system contracting issues and ensure that all purchasing and contract development systems are properly controlled, efficient, and functioning properly.
· Review and approve all requests for Competitive Selection Waivers.
· Perform related work as required.
Minimum Qualifications for Procurement Manager
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
Minimum 6 years of related work experience and 2 years of supervisory experience.
Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that includes a bachelor’s degree, and provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Licenses, Registration, and Certification:
Preferred Certifications: C.P.M. (Certified Purchasing Manager) or C.P.S.M. (Certified Professional Supply Manager) from I.S.M. (Institute for Supply Management) OR the C.P.P.B. (Certified Public Purchasing Buyer) or C.P.P.O (Certified Public Purchasing Officer) from the N.I.G.P. (National Institute for Government Purchasing).
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.4 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. Denver Water aspires to be the best water utility in the nation. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.