St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
300+ days of sunshine
Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
The heart of Colorado's wine country
Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
The Supply Chain Manager ï¿½ Procedures is responsible for supply chain management activities within the care site supporting inventory services for the clinical nursing departments. This position reports directly to the Supply Chain Operations Director. This role manages the efficient and cost effective distribution of clinical supplies, equipment and service formularies in assigned area and promotes standardization adherence. Identifies labor efficiency and supply utilization/standardization opportunities. Managers assigned staff, monitors product consumption and promotes proper inventory replenishment methodology to achieve high levels of inventory accuracy. Acts as the leader between clinical staff, physicians and supply chain to align objectives and to facilitate goal achievement.
This position works with our internal and external partners to establish a reputation of outstanding customer service as evidenced in customer satisfaction surveys. This position is also responsible for on-going associate development, training (including cross training) and coaching/mentoring to staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supports the Director in translating care site supply chain goals into actionable priorities and assures communication and measurement for achievement of same. This will include both supply and other non-labor expense initiatives.
2. Responsible for the cost-effective operations of the customer care supply chain functions in the designated distribution locations(s) and supporting off site clinics as needed.
3. Manages the patient supply/equipment requisition team and its processes through the customer service functions too include; filling all requisitions in a timely manner, entering deliveries into the operations standards database or equivalent, reporting results, and maintaining appropriate and accurate record keeping for all customer service desk functionality
4. Specifically accountable for all customer care logistics and inventory management and other duties as assigned. Assures smooth functioning of operations at all hours through appropriate delegation, development and adherence to strict standards of work.
5. Manages the equipment billing process including logging, charging, and tracking of all mobile patient care equipment controlled by supply chain, controlling rental equipment, and ensuring functional and available equipment to satisfy the needs through the equipment requisition process. Continually identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities striving to create best practices as well as assuring the adoption of identified best practices elsewhere in our supply chain community.
6. (All SCL jobs) Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
7. (All SCL jobs) Performs other duties as assigned.
8. (If applicable) May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
9. (If applicable) May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
Bachelorï¿½s degree in business administration, natural science or medical-related field.
Masterï¿½s degree or working toward a Masterï¿½s degree is preferred for advancement.
5 - 7 years in a customer service related roll preferable in a healthcare supply chain environment.
5 - 7 years of experience acting as a manager in a high pressure environment.
Knowledge of MMIS, Lawson or other related inventory system preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that operates eight hospitals, four safety net clinics, one children’s mental health center and more than 190 ambulatory service centers in three states – Colorado, Kansas and Montana. The health system includes 15,000 full-time associates and more than 500 employed providers.