Global Procurement Specialist
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Global Procurement Specialist, you will execute the procurement process for the designated category(ies). Ensure compliance to WVI procurement policies and procedures, run and analyse reports on performance metrics. Support GPO clients on procurement process and sourcing efforts, manage procurement compliance and supplier relationship performance, and maintain information accuracy.
Under general direction and broadly defined policies and procedures, you will be responsible to facilitate a cross functional team between major stakeholders within WV and the GPO to optimize total cost of ownership including facilitating agreement on functional specifications, finding suppliers, negotiating terms, purchasing the goods or services, and measure and report on the relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, University degree in business administration, operations, or procurement / sourcing/supply chain (i.e. BA, BSc or B.Com degree)
- Ideal: Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent, Post Graduate Certification as a professional in procurement / sourcing, and or marketing (e.g. ECBL, CIPS, ISM, CPM, etc.) Recommended: Vocational or professional society membership [e.g. Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, (CIPS) or equivalents]
- 7-10 years of high level procurement, sourcing leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership, management of team-based organizational change process.
- ISM, CPM, or CIPs certification is preferred
- Multi-Lingual proficiencies such as English, French, Spanish or other – preferred.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 15 June 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.