Senior or Principal Subcontracts Administrator - 83699
Organization: CF-Office of Chief Financial Officer
Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a part of it!
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL, http://www.lbl.gov/) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether in research, science or operations. This is a great opportunity to bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific research that addresses national and global challenges!
Berkeley Lab’s Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO, http://www2.lbl.gov/Workplace/CFO/) Division has an opening for a Senior or Principal Subcontracts Administrator responsible for procuring a wide variety of telecom, software, hardware and technology related goods and services that will support the work of the Lab. This position will report to the Technology & Goods Procurement Manager, and be filled at the Senior or Principal level, depending on experience.
• Responsible for moderate to high volume of requests to issue contracts at moderate to high dollar requirements.
• Collaborate with the technical and professional requestors to plan and define requirements.
• Assist in source selection when applicable and qualify sources when necessary.
• Prepare and distribute Requests for Information, Quote, or Proposal.
• Perform price or cost analysis as required.
• With supervisors, consult with Laboratory Counsel for any exceptions to standard terms and conditions.
• Ensure all contractual provisions are approved and met.
• Negotiate terms; recommend award; prepare necessary justification documentation.
• Prepare documents to secure necessary internal and written approvals (from DOE, University General Counsel, etc).
• Resolve any conflicts such as work delays, changed conditions, excessive expenditures, or effort outside of scope of work.
• Negotiate amendments, modifications, and change orders to contract.
• Monitor expenditures by means of expenditure reports and invoices
• Recommend resolution of disputes and contractor claims; takes appropriate action on claims of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Maintain successful relationships with customers and contractors.
• Meet the needs of the customer to deliver goods/services in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Participate actively in quality, process improvement and re-engineering efforts.
• Emphasize continuous improvement and best practices.
• Adherence to DOE, UC, and Laboratory policy and provisions.
In addition to the above, Specific Responsibilities - Principal:
• Responsible for moderate to high volume of requests to issue contracts for moderate to more highly complex higher dollar requirements.
• Work on more complex teams.
• Work as a project lead to oversee end-to-end procurement planning and implementation.
• Develop and obtain scope of work from technical requestors.
• Develop acquisition strategy plan.
• Contribute in source selection and develop and qualify sources.
• Direct preparation and distribution of Requests for Information, Quote, Bid or Proposal.
• Coordinate and conduct pre-proposal meetings, site visits and other conferences as needed.
• Receive proposals and coordinate evaluation of proposal with requester.
• Perform price or cost analysis as required.
• Consult Laboratory Counsel for exceptions to standard terms and conditions.
• Execute transactions within delegated authority.
• Prepare contracts for execution above delegated authority.
• Expedite delivery of all reports and deliverables, negotiate amendments, modifications, and change orders to contract.
• Electronically sign and filing of contract.
• Review invoices to assure invoicing and proposed payments are in accordance with terms of the agreement.
• Recommend resolution of disputes and subcontractor claims.
• Deliver procurement of goods/services in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Participate actively in quality, process improvement and re-engineering efforts as required.
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Upon completion, performs subcontract closeout action as necessary.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on June 15, 2017.
• This is a full time career appointment.
• Classification will depend upon the applicant's level of skills, knowledge, and abilities.
• Full-time, M-F, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position is subject to the financial disclosure requirements of the California Political Reform Act of 1974. The successful candidate for this position will be required to file financial interest statements upon assuming this position, annually while holding this position, and when leaving this position.
• Work will be primarily performed at the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) — Bldg. 971, 6401 Hollis St., Emeryville CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://126.96.36.199/counter.php?id=99509 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".