WGL seeks for an IT PM / Category Manager for our Springfield, VA office. This project manager will be responsible for strategic and tactical category planning, management of all Strategic Sourcing related to Information Technology and Project Management Office (PMO) categories, such as but not limited to software licenses, maintenance support, hardware/peripherals, cloud (Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), ASP and, Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP). (WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled)
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for initiating and managing the supplier onboarding and supplier approval process.
• Perform sourcing initiatives, prepares and solicits of RFx, reference checks, negotiations/renegotiations, spend analysis, optimize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), evaluation of T&C, spot buys and reporting trend analysis.
• Perform price analysis and evaluates competitive offerings to determine the overall best value for a product/service.
• Responsible for leading all negotiations for assigned contracts/categories.
• Assess and analyze incumbent and potential suppliers by applying established evaluation and selection criteria; coordinates the legal review of the contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for Risk Management and IT Security evaluation for assigned spend categories.
• Facilitate the development of specifications, statements of work and service level agreements (SLAs).
• Accountable for contract agreements such as, amendments, addendums and ensures valid contracts are in place for assigned categories.
• Monitor category trends, spend, conducts market research for all assigned category related activities.
• Develop, implement, maintain and monitor IT/PMO source strategies.