PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Incumbent works with TRP customers to identify needs and recommend contracting strategy solutions for professional services, technology (e.g. software, licenses, maintenance, data feeds, etc) and other contract types as may be required. Influences selection and manages the contract-to-pay cycle while minimizing risk and maximizing opportunity of contract engagements. Effectively communicates project and contract findings and facilitates consensus building to lead TRP customers or project teams in taking steps and making decisions which support compliance requirements, comply with corporate policies, follow guidelines, provide consistency, protect company, leverage vendor relations and manage risk while ensuring value for the enterprise. Responsibilities may include: identifying applicable vendor pool, reviewing RFPs & RFIs, developing/drafting corporate policies and procedures, reviewing, interpreting and negotiating contracts, and monitoring/leveraging vendor relationships. Charged with educating customers of the procurement process and holding them accountable for corporate policy. Functions independently, with minimal oversight, making sound decisions and taking actions which impact projects, business units and the company.
Responsible for researching and recommending potential professional services and software vendors needed to fulfill business requests. May assist business in identifying potential vendors, reviewing RFPs & RFIs, and performing due diligence on selected vendor in order to mitigate risk and ensure best practices.
Once the vendor is selected, incumbent manages contract review and negotiation process in compliance with firm policies. Incumbent meets with internal customers to educate them on negotiation process and to vet out contract details, often drafting further documentation and requirements. Exercises sound business judgment and persuasion in order to enforce firm policies and lead business towards making the most beneficial and cost effective selection.
Leads contract negotiation with vendor. For both new and existing contracts, incumbent demonstrates expertise in negotiating price and service level agreements appropriate for size, length and scope of engagement.
Works in collaboration with Legal and business to ensure final contract is in compliance with firm policy, minimizes risk, and maximizes opportunity while meeting the customer needs. Requires the ability to be forward thinking and flexible in meeting both internal customer and external vendor requirements.
Continuously educate the business on vendor management and work with procurement team to standardize, formalize and enforce vendor policies and procedures. May often lead or participate in projects related to or targeted at enhancing the procurement process, (e.g. participation in the creation of the TRP standard contracts).
- Institutional Supplier Management Certification
- 5-7 years related work experience as a Senior Buyer or contract negotiator
- Solid understanding of general industry trends
- Working knowledge of business law
- Ability to accurately interpret contract documents for business and legal implication to the company
- Project Management skills
- Self-starter & Self-motivator
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to independently prioritize work load and projects
- Consensus builder to achieve individual buy-in, project progress and team success within diverse organizational groups
- Soft Skills, ability to recognize level of audience sophistication, interact effectively and communicate complex concepts and strategies
- College degree and 2 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 4 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 6 years related work experience