NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Engineering Analyst.
This position is responsible for data analysis, capturing and reporting of detailed medical equipment inventory, estimated useful life and service information. This position supports the Manager, Medical Technology Planning and Implementation in Medical Equipment Replacement Planning (MERP). The important aspect of this position is to help maintain a current and accurate inventory of medical equipment, gather benchmarking data on medical equipment estimated life, life cycle cost, and failure rates on specific devices or class of equipment. This position works with Clinical Engineering, Nursing leadership and Supply Chain Departments to provide information on equipment replacement needs based on estimated useful life, service histories and other industry standards. Aggregate data to provide a 5 year equipment replacement plan with projected capital replacement cost.
- Research medical equipment estimated useful life, estimated life cycle cost and equipment benchmarks by referring to resources like ECRI, AHA and MD Buyline.
- Update CMMS and MERP databases with researched information.
- Develop reporting tools and dashboards and generate reports and graphs to illustrate equipment replacement requirements.
- Work with various departmental managers and operational VP's to discuss MERP reports and prioritize replacement of equipment.
- Work with Supply Chain Management to receive proposals, contracts and pricing for equipment slated for replacement.
- Work with other hospital departments to convey medical equipment utility requirements.
- Assists in the preparation and submission of capital equipment requisitions with proper request forms, justifications and pricing proposals.
- Support the Clinical Engineering managerial, technical and planning teams in, PO issuance, planning equipment logistics and coordinating clinical/technical training.
- Responsible for maintaining the data integrity of CMMS and MERP databases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization's Service and Regulatory Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties and looks to continuously make improvements in Clinical Engineering's performance compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or healthcare related.
- Preferred 2-3 years of experience or a related business where Medical equipment procurement and services are coordinated.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), MS Project and Visio.
- Excellent data analysis skills. Ability to work with Tableau, Wolfram Alpha and advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Array Functions, V-look Ups, Index Match).
- Ability on work on CMMS and other databases.
- Exceptional written, verbal and graphic communication skills required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.