SOURCING MANAGER, INDIRECT MATERIALS AND SERVICES
Kansas City, MO
Based in Kansas City MO, the Sourcing Manager of Indirect Materials and Services for North America will report directly to the Director of Sourcing – Americas, with matrix reporting to the Global Indirect Category Director based in Europe. Until now, Indirect Materials and Services for DeLaval’s North American operations have not been included in the North American strategic sourcing group’s targeted categories. So the initial responsibilities for this new position will include, identifying, analyzing and documenting the scope and opportunity for a new sourcing category for Indirect Materials and Services in North America. Responsibilities will evolve to include assisting in the development and implementation of DeLaval’s strategies for the newly established Indirect category, selecting, developing and managing suppliers while collaborating effectively with other regional sourcing members of the Global Sourcing Team (GST), North American manufacturing units, distribution centers, sales offices and other North American DeLaval units. Overall, the Sourcing Manager is responsible for providing the best total value for purchased goods and services from assigned suppliers by optimization of the supplier base and improving terms and conditions with our suppliers. For the skillful and seasoned Indirect Sourcing professional, this previously untapped category should provide a rich environment of opportunities for success.
- Analyze, map, develop and optimize indirect sourcing solutions, based on each entity’s business requirements (sales, product, supply-chain, legal, trade compliance etc)
- Develop and implement long term DeLaval sourcing strategies, selecting, developing and managing suppliers and interacting effectively with internal stakeholders
- Assure the best total value for purchased services from assigned suppliers by tendering (bids), optimization of the supplier base and improve terms and conditions with suppliers
- Tracking and evaluating DeLaval indirect sourcing volumes, costs and productivity
- Negotiating indirect sourcing of goods and services set-ups and contracts in cooperation with Global Company Guidelines and policies