Supply Chain Manager
Letter from Fusion President, Tom Hauge:
“We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager who can effectively motivate and inspire a team and execute. The perfect candidate is excited to jump right in and make a positive impact on our company, suppliers and customers from day one. You will thrive in this position if you are goal- and process-oriented, understand the importance of clear communication, and have a proven track record of success in supply chain management in a manufacturing environment.
Fusion is not a large company, but we think BIG and strive to be the absolute best in our class. When it comes to hiring, we aim to enrich our culture with people who embrace our mission of success and share our values: Keep Getting Better, Help Each Other Win, Do What is Right, and Deliver Confidence. If these values spark something within you, we hope to hear from you.
We reward hard work and a desire and willingness to constantly learn – and we work to create successes for our customers, suppliers and employees. As a leadership team, we believe that one of the most important ways we deliver on our mission of success is to provide our employees with a great place to work.
This means we are fanatics about protecting our culture. And, to this end, we employ a clear set of living breathing values that guide every discovery process and decision within our company.
Are you our right fit? We look forward to meeting you.”
At Fusion, our mission is to create success in everything we do. While this relates directly to the service we provide our clients, it also refers to our ongoing goal of promoting success within our organization – be it through individual career growth, working together to achieve team successes, or creating successful solutions for our company as a whole.
We know that this success stems directly from our people, which is why we strive to bring out the best in every employee. We understand that if we start by hiring A-players who are not only hardworking but also passionate about what they do, we have an incredible formula for a thriving organization. Fusion empowers people to think creatively, collaborate with one another, and make great decisions.
Live the Fusion Values: Fusion team members strive to live our core values every day. We live, breathe, and believe in our core tenants. They are the foundation of our company. Every decision we make aligns with our values and supports the company’s mission of success.
Keep Getting Better: At Fusion, there’s no such thing as “good enough.” We never rest on our laurels – and if there’s a better or more efficient way of doing something, we’ll find it. Ours is a culture of continuous improvement and perpetually growing from shared experience.
Help each other win: We’re more than an organization – we’re a family. No one at Fusion operates in a silo. We believe in investing in our team, enjoying each other’s company, and contributing to shared success through mutual respect and collaboration.
Do what is right: Every member of our team understands that true success comes from integrity. We know mistakes are a part of life – but when we make a mistake, we own it, fix it, and learn from it. We see challenge as an opportunity for team collaboration, learning, and growth.
Deliver confidence: When it comes right down to it, we’re in the business of facilitating success – which means it’s our job to instill confidence with our work. Our customers should always know what to expect from us, and we deliver on our promise – every time.
Are you the ideal candidate for our Supply Chain Manager position?
The Supply Chain Manager reports directly to the President and is a highly important leadership role in the company. The right candidate is someone who has a breadth of relevant experience and can effectively manage and motivate a team. He/she thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, but steady. We’re seeking an individual who can help us drive the mission, vision, and values of the company and create strong partnerships to ensure efficient flow of materials throughout our supply chain.
Here are some questions to help you know whether this position is right for you:
- Do you have at least 5 years of high-level management experience at a manufacturing firm?
- Can you seamlessly oversee and execute all aspects of materials procurement and inventory control operations?
- Are you able to interface flawlessly with customers, manage their supply expectations for their projects from new product introduction, to production, and through end of life?
- Can you “think big,” and contribute to discussions about the Fusion’s long-term strategic vision?
- Do you have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills?
- Are you goal- and process-oriented?
- Can you motivate, grow, and develop a team to achieve new levels of excellence?
- Are you comfortable fostering cooperation and resolving conflicts between parties?
- Do you have a track record of success leading and inspiring teams?
- Are you looking for a career with a company unlike any other?
Your specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support establishing new customers from qualification, contract negotiation, supply chain management, and fulfillment
- Collaborate with customers to understand their fulfilment requirements
- Work with our internal teams of sales and program management to develop supply chain solutions to meet these requirements
- Provide input to program management for customer key business indicator reviews (KBIs)
- Maintain compliance with all quality, regulatory, and certifications relating to these functions
- All materials operations including supplier selection and control, planning, purchasing, inventory management, shipping and receiving
- Drive procurement functions to ensure supplies, products, and materials are provided which meet the delivery, quality, cost and cost reduction strategies of our company.
- Minimize material exposure due to excess and obsolete materials by reporting excess inventory monthly, showing trends by customer. Take timely action with the customer to resolve all issues driving excess
- Support the scheduling function by clearly communicating supply commitments and issues with all affected departments.
- Ensure inter-functional requests are communicated and resolved in a timely manner
- Set performance goals for direct reports. Manage, mentor, evaluate and develop direct reports to help them achieve these goals
- Identify and train back-ups for existing key personnel
- Provide leadership in the planning and execution of operational strategies, budgets, and forecasting
- Establish effective process performance metrics – setting targets, and working to assure that affected personnel know and understand these objectives. Report quarterly on performance to objective. Where deficient, develop plans to meet the defined targets
- Lead with and over-communicate our mission, vision, and values
- Support president and executive team in achieving the long-term vision for the company
To apply, please send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “Supply Chain Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls or in-person visits, please.
Fusion prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.