Primary responsibilities are carrier training, onboarding, management and compliance. Responsible to understand customers' transportation requirements and deliver training to our external carriers in order to meet those requirements. Provide continuous improvement by ensuring high service levels through analytics, performance measurements and training. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
- Manage and lead carrier training programs with new and existing carriers with the overall goal of improving timely and accurate communication of load status from the carrier base
- Onboard / initiate new carriers. Ensure they have received appropriate training and understand expectations
- Deliver training via online, classroom and webinars
- Assist in content development and creation of training materials
- Use transport data and analytics to identify root causes to carrier failures
- Facilitate communications between carriers and Penske's IT and EDI teams where technology issues are identified as root causes to communication failures
- Understand customer requirements and manage carriers performance through a rating system
- Monitor carriers' performance and successfully "coach" deficient carriers back to expected performance
- Work closely with Penske operations, customers and carriers
- Assist Operations with capacity and performance as require
- Other projects assigned by the supervisor
- 1-3 years of transportation industry experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Transportation or related field preferred
- Prior experience in training is preferred
- Comfort presenting to audience online, or in-person
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to analyze, monitor and report on performance data
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to complete multiple, complex, tasks and assignments
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills are required
- Strong focus on people and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to conduct difficult conversation with carriers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Oracle Business Intelligence
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25/lbs12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/ 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 100 Kachel Boulevard Reading, PA
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1703025