EP Minerals mines, processes and markets quality diatomite, perlite and clay products. We are one of the top producers and distributors of diatomaceous earth, perlite and bentonite clay worldwide. Our products are used as filter aids, absorbents, functional additives and soil amendments.
EP Minerals products are used in a wide array of applications including food & beverage, swimming pool, biofuel, landscape, sports turf, insecticides, energy, paints, plastics, automotive, and many others. EP Minerals also produces patented water purification media and arsenic removal products. EP's business is global, and we ship direct to nearly 100 countries worldwide. Our substantial ore reserves, multiple manufacturing sites, rich new product pipeline and global distribution network position EP Minerals for continuous growth well into the future. For more information, please visit our website at www.epminerals.com.
The position is located at our corporate headquarters in Reno, Nevada, just a few minutes away from Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada Mountains. This position is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining initiatives that improve the procurement related costs for the Company’s plant and mining operations and the various functions at the Company’s headquarters in Reno. Specific responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and execution of procurement strategies that target improvements in cost, quality, and service in alignment with overall objectives for the business.
- Assure all purchases of goods and services are made in accordance with budgetary and other policies.
- Facilitate the timely purchase of goods within acceptable lead times from vendors through regular coordination with plant operations personnel.
- Research potential new suppliers for materials and services in support of Operations and Supply Chain goals.
- Solicit proposals from vendors and negotiate the best possible value for materials and services, based on quality, service and pricing for each proposal.
- Coordinate capital expenditures as they relate to the procurement function.
- Maintain the effective administration of the Company’s ERP system through timely entries and daily review of critical purchasing and inventory data.
- Coordinate the design of new packaging materials to meet customer and regulatory requirements both domestic and international.
The successful candidate will be experienced in developing best practice procurement processes. Additional requirements include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, engineering, finance or accounting. MBA or advanced degree in any of the above disciplines preferred.
- 3+ years relevant purchasing experience, preferable in an operations environment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of inventory planning and forecasting techniques. Experience with Lean and Six Sigma is a plus.
- Proficiency with MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organization
- Previous experience in the mining industry preferred.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to: Careers@epminerals.com.
EP Minerals supports a drug-free culture. Successful candidates must pass a post offer background and drug screen.