Supply Chain Planner - Charlotte, NC-1700689
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner to join our Charlotte, NC, team.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Supply Chain Planner (1700689) Charlotte, NC
As a member of the North America Supply Chain team, you will support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America. One of your primary responsibilities for the Dispersions and Electronic Materials import supply chain planning includes replenishment of products using netted demand in support of inventory targets and customer service goals.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Monitor orders, stock status, and MRP exception messages in SAP ensuring products are available to support business plan.
- Identify, negotiate, and bring to resolution any demand/supply imbalances working with Product Management, Production and Customer Care.
- Work with local and global Product Management to develop and execute regional and global distribution plans including management of products in tight supply.
- Analyze KPI reports, identify trends and recommends solutions (i.e., days on hand, delivery reliability and forecast accuracy).
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BA/BS degree and minimum of five (5) years of Supply Chain related experience (Customer Care, Supply Chain, Procurement, Ops, Production) -OR- High School diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years of Supply Chain related experience (Customer Care, Supply Chain, Procurement, Ops, Production).
- Strong working knowledge with MS Excel, analysis / database tools, ERP planning systems (i.e. SAP / SNP / APO).
- Demonstrated experience proactively managing communications with various stakeholders, working collaborative to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrated ability to make informed decisions on supply and demand trends, utilizing data to take appropriate action.
- APICS CPIM, CIRM or CSCP certification or completion of certification within 12 months of hire.
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America