Director Supply Chain, Performance Chemicals - Florham Park, NJ-1700712
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
We are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
Around the globe, BASF employs more than 113,000 people in all regions, contributing to one of 13 unique business units. BASF's Performance Materials business develops value-added materials using various chemistries, from urethanes to polyamides to PBT, POM and high temperature polysulfones. With technical centers in Wyandotte, Michigan and Budd Lake, New Jersey, and 15 manufacturing facilities across North America, the Performance Materials business employs 1000+ employees producing more than 2500 products for our customers in North America, serving automotive, consumer, industrial and construction industry segments.
Director Supply Chain Performance Chemcials is responsible for directing the BASF Performance Chemicals (EV) division's North American supply chain function. The Director Supply Chain sets the strategic functional direction and leads those individuals responsible for demand planning, material distribution planning, master production scheduling, import/toller planning, master data management, transportation, distribution and 3rd party logistics to execute the strategy to meet business objectives. This position is also indirectly responsible to provide functional leadership for site logistics activities at all EVP production plants, tollers and third party service providers in North America.
Formula for success. You will..
- Develop and implement comprehensive regional and global supply chain strategies that ensure efficient, agile and reliable supply chain services aligned with business unit and corporate functional strategies and goals.
- Direct the strategic development and continuous optimization of the EV supply chain organization in North America to ensure business requirements and expectations are met. This includes managing the identification, on-boarding and continuous development and training of all supply chain staff in the region.
- Direct the integrated sales and operations planning processes to ensure a long term balance of supply and demand for EVP plants in North America, as well as global supply points supporting the EVF Light Stabilizers business. Direct the proactive identification and elimination of supply bottlenecks and management of projected inventory levels to meet market needs. Ensure the processes consider all inter-regional and cross divisional supply and demand requirements.
- Direct the monthly demand planning process to provide a continuously improving statistical forecast to Sales and Marketing. This will require developing and maintaining strong cross functional processes, including the monthly demand validation, for gathering and incorporating customer and market intelligence. In addition, direct the monitoring, measuring, and reporting of forecast metrics to ensure accuracy targets are achieved.
- Direct the Master Production Scheduling (MPS) function for the McIntosh and Puebla sites as well as all outside tollers supplying EVP in North America. Indirectly influence the MPS activities at global supply points supporting EVF Light Stabilizers. This schedule should be aligned with operational capabilities and optimized to efficiently support business volume, EBIT, customer service and working capital targets.
- Direct the planning of merchandise (import/tolled) materials based on the validated demand forecast. Direct the Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) process to ensure stock is properly positioned to meet defined business objectives for sales, service and working capital mgt.
- Direct all transportation and warehousing activities, including optimization of associated costs and service levels. Ensure the effective management of the N-EV distribution network. This includes the extensive bulk vendor managed Auto & Oil business network approximately 600 locations.
- Direct all aspects of the 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) service provider relationship, including management of associated costs and service quality.
- Direct the management of all system and process improvement projects impacting EV supply chain activities in North America. This includes, but is not limited to, providing the appropriate business expertise to properly manage ongoing ERP system changes to ensure there are no adverse impacts to business performance.
- Direct the management of applicable SAP master data to ensure an effective application of system functionality that supports business and functional requirements. Ensure the efficient management of new and discontinued product master data to maintain an optimal ERP system cost. Drive analysis and continuous improvement of master data that is aligned with projects and process improvement objectives.
- Direct all M&A activity for supply chain, including but not limited to, due diligence, business practices for supply chain and system conversions.
Leadership Core Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
- Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
- Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
- Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
- Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
- Execute performance and career development discussions
- Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement BASF's strategy
- Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for success. What we look for in you..
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain / Logistics Management, Industrial or Chemical Engineering is required. Note: Other disciplines would be considered with demonstrated successful Logistics management experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years supply chain / logistics management experience or significant demonstrated successful experience in a related discipline, e.g. purchasing, operations or business management.
- Experience directly managing others required
- Progressive business management and functional leadership experience with demonstrated success in leading, planning, operating and controlling the supply chain in a results oriented, competitive, manufacturing industry with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies and operating plans which meet market demands while incorporating business and supply requirements and conditions.
- Ability to develop and implement integrated logistics structures and processes in a large scale, multi-site manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of effective logistics concepts, strategies, and techniques with experience in leading major process implementations through change management preferred
- Proven ability in managing and developing people in the achievement of defined targets.
- Outstanding communications, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- APICS certification preferred
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EVP-Performance Chemicals