• Broad knowledge of, and experience leading, a multi-channel procurement organization with functions such as Sourcing, Contracting, eCommerce, Procurement Card program and purchasing transaction management, purchasing policies and procedures and supplier management.
• A minimum of 15 years of related experience including at least 10 years of demonstrated experience managing and leading a business operations organization in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Broad knowledge of federal procurement requirements, processes, and federal acquisition regulations. Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply local, state and federal regulations accurately and effectively.
• Strong leadership and management skills with a proven track record of delivering consistent, high quality services in a high volume, fast paced and demanding environment.
• Demonstrated experience balancing customer needs with regulatory requirements to deliver strong customer services and support in an efficient, effective and compliant manner.
• Demonstrated experience building, leading, and delivering effective team and individual performance. Expertise in recruiting, developing, and coaching managers and staff with the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities to perform in a high performance organization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven record of success in building and maintaining effective relationships with a diverse set of customers, suppliers, senior leaders, key stakeholders, regulatory entities, and other partners. Advanced skills in negotiation with the ability to influence effectively to accomplish business objectives and contractual obligations.
• Experience with business analytics, quality assurance, audit and risk management functions, with proven ability to monitor, analyze and mitigate risks.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Experience working in a multidivisional decentralized organization with multiple stakeholders and a high degree of oversight and regulation.
• Experience working in a research, academic and/or intellectual capital organization.
• Extensive knowledge of federal, DOE, and University procurement and property management requirements, processes, and acquisition regulations.
• Understanding of DOE labs, M&O contracts and the roles of key stakeholders such as UC, DOE BSO, other DOE partners, and other national laboratories.
• Certification in procurement, property, logistics, or supply chain management offered by such organizations as ISM, NCMA, or NAPM.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled, however for full consideration, please apply by close of business on March 31, 2017.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab, click here (https://commons.lbl.gov/display/hr/Benefits).
• This position is a full time career appointment.
• This position is exempt (paid monthly) from overtime pay.
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• This position is contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
• This position is subject to the financial disclosure requirements of the California Political Reform Act of 1974. The successful candidate for this position will be required to file financial interest statements upon assuming this position, annually while holding this position, and when leaving this position. Work will be primarily performed at Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) — Bldg. 971, 6401 Hollis St., Emeryville, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://18.104.22.168/counter.php?id=94260 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4 (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf). Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".