| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed General Counsel organization and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Contract Attorney will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Supply Chain contracting function.
- Providing legal support by drafting and negotiating contracts and amendments for the purchase and lease of services, materials, and equipment.
- Developing and maintaining standardized supply chain forms, policies, and procedures.
- Providing regulatory guidance on issues impacting business transactions.
- Providing general legal advice and support for direct procurement/supply chain and logistics activities.
- Providing training to hospital employees who negotiate direct procurement contracts and who work with hospital suppliers.
- Reviewing existing contracts and helping clients review and prioritize current and future contract negotiation.
- Providing support as needed to other attorneys in the Office of General Counsel.
- Participating in Office of General Counsel rotation to cover off-hour emergencies beeper.
To qualify, you must have:
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts acquired through completion of a law degree and between three and six years of contract experience.
- The analytical skills to resolve highly complex problems.
- Strong drafting, writing, and communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and cooperation skills to work as a member of the Office of General counsel legal team, to participate in professional development activities, support administrative efficiency initiatives by the Office, negotiate in extremely important and sensitive situations, represent the Hospital to external parties, and perform other duties requiring a comparable level of communication skills.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: General Counsel
Standard Hours Per Week: 40