Supply Chain Project Manager-1700651
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Projects Manager to join our Charlotte, NC, team and support the overall success of the Dispersions & Resins business in North America.
The Dispersions & Resins business of BASF develops, produces and markets a range of high-quality resins, additives, colorants and polymer dispersions worldwide. These raw materials are used in formulations for coatings and paints, printing and packaging products, construction chemicals, adhesives, fiberbondings, nonwovens, and paper manufacturing. We are building the best team to support the growth and needs of our customers. With a comprehensive product portfolio and extensive knowledge of the industries we serve, our customers benefit from innovative and sustainable solutions to help them advance their formulations through chemistry.
Supply Chain Project Manager (1700651)
You will manage and lead all ERP-driven and operationally driven supply chain projects for the Dispersions & Resins business in North America. This includes the control and improvement of supply chain processes, management and implementation of key performance indicators & reporting, supply chain strategy, and continuous improvement projects.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead business unit supply chain process projects, such as SAP APO-Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, and Detailed Planning & Scheduling
- Act as Business Expert as primary interface to global & regional Business Systems, and Business Process Optimization (e.g., Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash)
- Represent business unit on global and regional initiatives with corporate supply chain expert and consultancy groups to improve supply chain processes
- Ensure compliance and integration with business processes and functions (incl. Customer Care, Transportation, Manufacturing) to achieve high customer service levels and meet business performance targets
- Design and optimize supply chain reporting and KPIs to drive improvement and value realization in alignment with regional and global standards
- Coordinate and implement supply chain strategy for Dispersions and Resins business unit in North America in alignment with BASF global and regional supply chain strategies
- Develop and deliver supply chain training and competence building across Dispersions & Resins business to support Supply Chain Planning Excellence
- Serve as a Member of Dispersions & Resins Supply Chain Leadership Team driving planning excellence and supply chain strategy development for North America
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics/Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of logistics, supply chain, material management, business management, or operations experience.
- Moderate expertise of MS Excel, analysis, or database tools.
- Experience leading projects, preferably cross-functional and/or cross-regional projects.
- A thorough knowledge of demand planning, material / production planning, sales and operations planning, or inventory control theory and practice.
You May Also Have
- Working knowledge or experience with transportation and distribution.
- Experience within chemical or materials industries.
- Supervisory / management experience.
- Lean Six Sigma certification or project experience.
- APICS certification or nearing completion of certification.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP or other ERP planning systems.
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EDN-Dispersions North America