Logistics Coordinator; Mauldin, SC-1700574
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Logistics Coordinator to daily and safely support and complete our operations manufacturing tasks.
Logistics Coordinator (1700574)
You will also provide inventory, logistics and purchasing support to the Operations and Logistics departments at the Mauldin site. You will report and receive direction from the Operations Manager who will provide performance targets and expected achievements established by site management.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Coordinate/update planned bulk and inbound and outbound delivery schedules daily
- Work with the YPRESCHED tool in SAP to adding schedule details and working with internal and external partners
- Adjust activities, considering given customer demands and production schedules, to bring load bulk activity to around six inbound and outbound per day
- Raise attention to internal/external partners for ordering and scheduling issues where outbound loads will not be met on time for delivery or where late inbound loads will cause production schedule disruptions
- Coordinate site cycle counting program on a weekly basis by
- Indicate areas for counting in a methodical way that covers all locations in a set period of time
- Reconcile counts to actual inventory
- Report on accuracy monthly
- Adjust inventory in accordance with established policies
- Where possible, affect consumption on process orders
- Complete and circulate required authorizations for write-offs from disposal or other product losses
- Investigate and document sources of larger write offs/write ons
- Track total write offs monthly
- Participate in monthly review of slow moving/obsolete inventory
- Regularly review COGI process order errors report and
- Provide feedback to supervision of need for corrections or more timely transactions
- Address the source of persistent errors by raising the need for procedures/training
- Order site non-chemical supplies
- Track and order packaging, for example drums and totes
- Order plant supplies like filters and filter aids with input from operations supervision via PO or P-Card
- Create other ordinary and blanket purchase orders for operations materials
- Approve payments for materials purchased via P-Card on Payment.net
- Manage CASS freight payment system
- Regularly, weekly or monthly, review and authorize payment for freight activity associated with site
- Reconcile issues which may cause payments to be blocked and involve appropriate partners as needed to gain resolution.
- Manage raw material purchase orders in web cycle
- Regularly, weekly or monthly, review and authorize payment of RM invoices associated with site activity
- Reconcile issues with goods receipt, inventory discrepancy to invoices and involve appropriate partners as needed to gain resolution.
- Make service entries (receipts) for non-item code materials
- Maintain non BASF materials in the 3E SDS system
- Update the latest version of a material SDSs for the site by upload
- Obtain as needed current sheets
- Backup admin for LMS training administration
- Provide backup capacity for the configuration aspects of the Learning Management System
- Provide backup capacity for assigning individuals to training in LMS
- Actively engage in EHS site initiatives
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success.......What We Look for in You
A High School education, or equivalent is the minimum requirement but prefer at least an associate's degree from a recognized technical/community college.
Minimum 3 years' experience in an administrative or support role within manufacturing
Show initiative with excellent attention to detail, be results oriented and customer focus
Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Ability to self-prioritize tasks and be self-motivated
Experience with SAP, highly preferred
Experience working with inventory management strongly preferred
Primary Location: US-SC-Mauldin
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EM)-Care Chemicals