Team Lead Commercial Samples Planning - Florham Park, NJ-1700630
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Team Lead, Commercial Sample Planning, to join our Florham Park, NJ, team. The North America Sample Center provides a fast, compliant, and cost effective sample shipping service for our NA business and R&D units. Our services directly support BASF's business growth and customer satisfaction targets. Collaborating with our business partners, we take ownership of all aspects of the sample process and are committed to meeting or exceeding their needs
We are a team dedicated manage the entire sample order process including; Order Creation/Shipping, Inventory Management, Product Regulatory, Trade Compliance, 3PLs, and Performance Management. We ship samples of commercial products to customers within our region from local and international plants/warehouses and we export samples to customers in other regions. The center also supports shipping of R&D samples to/from BASF locations worldwide.
Team Lead, Commercial Sample Planning (1700630)
You will lead the Commercial Samples Planning team and ensure a supply of commercial samples that provides high availability and fast shipping to BASF customers and prospects. You will collaborate with business unit planners, 3rd party warehouses and other regions to establish, monitor, and maintain required inventory levels for commercial samples. You may also serve as liaison to supply planning and product management teams for selected businesses.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Lead team of employees and/or contractors of Commercial Sample Planners for NA
- Download data and prepare monthly performance reports
- Identify opportunities for improvement and understand impact to the whole supply chain
- Ensure product availability for specified portfolio, planning for raw materials and/or finished goods utilizing SAP and also monitoring service levels (overall coordination and occasional backup or supplement to planners)
- Maintain planning master data in SAP, including create, change, discontinue materials and recipes, material costing and maintenance of agreements
- Identify expired materials and coordinate disposal
- Coordinate with LU Sample Center to optimize the supply chain of our globally promoted products
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of experience in Supply Chain/Logistics, Customer Service and/or Procurement. Bachelor's degree with 2 years' experience in Supply Chain/Logistics, Customer Service and/or Procurement preferred.
- Minimum 1 years' experience with BASF sample supply planning processes, including SAP material planning strategies, systems and transactions.
- Knowledge of SAP order to cash processes and/or procure to pay (Domestic, Export, and Import)
- Ability to optimize and automate Order to Cash and/or Procure to Pay processes via a variety of SAP Master Data (e.g. Agreements and/or BOMs, etc.), SAP Tools (e.g. ADET and/or MRP), and/or eCommerce tools (WorldAccount and/or CRM, etc.)
- Strong Excel skills (including formulas, macros, and visual basic)
- Ability to work with a cross functional team (Order Administrators, EHS, and Foreign Trade) for the common purpose of executing a fast and compliant sample process
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience creating and/or extending sample article numbers via SPASS preferred.
- Leadership experience for a small team of direct or indirect employees and/or contractors.
Leadership Expectations: As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Primary Location: US-NJ-Florham Park
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (NT)-Regional Functions North America