A company in the food services industry (a client of Strategic Procurement Solutions) seeks to hire a skilled person to direct their logistics and transportation operations throughout several Southwest states (Arizona, California, Nevada, etc.).
This position involves securing vehicles and drivers (direct hire and contracted) to efficiently operate the enterprise-wide distributions their their customers (other food service distributors and direct customers).
This position requires 10+ years of experience managing freight and logistics at a wholesale and/or retail level; preferably in a food service or temperature-sensitive product environment.
This position will locate the successful candidate for a full time direct-hire role in the greater Los Angeles area. Generous salary and full benefits package are part of this role. Relocation is negotiable.
* 10+ years of freight management, distribution, and/or logistics experience.
* 4 year BA/BS required.
* MBA desirable.
* Certification as CPIM, CMSM, C.P.M. desirable.
* Ability to complete strategic initiatives while juggling multiple balls required.
* Strong communication and presentation skills needed.
* Strong analytical skills desired.
* Experience with route and staffing optimization desired.