Sample Coordinator - Wyandotte-1700628
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Sample Coordinator to join our North America (NA) Sample Center which provides fast, compliant, and cost effective sample shipping service for our NA business and R&D units. Our services directly support the business growth and customer satisfaction targets of BASF. Collaborating with our business partners, we take ownership of all aspects of the sample process and are committed to meeting or exceeding their needs
We are a team dedicated to managing the entire sample order process including; Order Creation/Shipping, Inventory Management, Product Regulatory, Trade Compliance, 3PLs, and Performance Management. We ship samples of commercial products to customers within our region from local and international plants/warehouses and we export samples to customers in other regions. The center also supports shipping of R&D samples to/from BASF locations worldwide.
Sample Coordinator (1700628)
Your primary responsibility is to support the R&D Community by creating the purchase orders and sales orders for all R&D Lab samples and supplies.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Complete all SPASS and SAP material set up work for all R&D samples exported and imported for Wyandotte, Southfield, Tarrytown, Beachwood, Budd Lake, Geismar, Evans City, Huntsville, and other sites in North America to support the research and business activities.
- Maintain all research sample shipment requests in the appropriate sample shipping database, following up with functional groups to ensure the timely clearance of research sample orders.
- Must be skilled in the advanced use of SPASS and SAP. Requires a thorough knowledge of the SAP import system, BASF purchasing requirements and guidelines, BASF shipping policies and processes and an understanding of regulatory compliance issues that might arise.
- Ability to assess current processes and add value to changes/updates.
- Document all processes and changes for BUs in Wyandotte and Southfield.
- Create purchase and sales orders for the shipment of all R&D Lab samples and supplies.
- Transmit purchase and sales order information as well as other pertinent information, in an understandable format to the various International Communities to ensure prompt and accurate order processing.
- Input the SPASS, ChemWeb, Pastis, and SAP material set up work for all R&D samples exported from and imported to the sites served. (Wyandotte, Southfield, Tarrytown, Beachwood, Budd Lake, Geismar, Evans City, Huntsville, and others)
- Provide back-up assistance to the sample shipping coordinators for other BUs or at other sites.
- Work with various labs, shipping, customer service, administration, as well as corporate functions, costing, dangerous goods, tariff, product regulatory to insure timely and accurate processing of their particular functional role in the order process.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
You May Also Have
- Ability to handle constantly changing priorities while still completing projects on time
- Knowledge of SPASS, ChemWeb, Pastis, and the import/export preferred.
Primary Location: US-MI-Wyandotte
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (NT)-Regional Functions North America