Supply Chain Planner - Vidalia, LA-1700211
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2015. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a Supply Chain Planner to manage the North American Adsorbents tolling, import planning, and Vidalia BOMs, recipes, and raw material & packaging planning. The position will involve regular, day-to-day contact with CCP Supply Chain colleagues, CCP Business Management, BASF Customer Care representatives, and plant management, technical, warehouse, and quality personnel. Back-up to the Vidalia Production Planner.
Supply Chain Planner (1700211) Vidalia, LA
You will manage, establish, review, and maintain the detailed production schedule for tolling activities; MRP for raw materials and packaging, import planning, and managing warehouse transfers. You will also be responsible for inventory control and to assist in logistics related needs at the site as needed.
Formula for Success: You Will
- Independently, with limited supervision and review by the Supply Chain Manager, to develop, implement, and monitor the production schedule.
- Manage the Production Schedule for Tolling Activities
- Manage overall production plan for contract manufactures for the 0-12 month time horizon taking into account the forecast, backlog, availability of material, available capacity, and management policies and goals
- Convert planned orders into firm planned and/or process orders or creates process orders in accordance with the plan
- Communicate the plan to appropriate parties
- Participate in the S&OP Supply Reviews and demand validation meetings as needed
- Notify Business Management when a shortage situation arises to allocate supply as needed
- Work with the output of the S&OP meeting to maximize capacity and utilization for manufacturing to achieve customer requirements and corporate goals
- Manage inventory health of the plant
- Establish inventory targets with Product Management and track/communicate progress toward
- Maintain material masters, routings/recipes, and BOMs in SAP and manage raw material and packaging planning into the Vidalia Site
- Manage raw material barges and on-shore stocking levels at the 3rd party location
- Plan packaging materials for the site, manage inventory levels
- Track and contribute input to published KPI's
- Manage Inventory value (OIV) and days of Inventory (DIV)
- Manage Dysfunctional Inventory (DI), Delivery Reliability, NCMs (Non-conformance)
- TRIR and other safety related KPI's and objectives
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You
- BS/BA Degree required; Preferred degree would be in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics, Operations, or related field
- 2+ years' experience in a related field is preferred; Candidates with a degree and related internship experience would be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve organizational goals
- Strong Organizational skills and ability to handle multiple, concurrent tasks, effectively
- Ability to set priorities and make decisions in a dynamic work environment
- A thorough understanding of production scheduling theory and techniques is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to learn new computer programs as needed
- APICS (CPIM) certification or nearing completion preferred. If not current, completion within 2 years will be required
- SAP experience is a plus
Primary Location: US-LA-Vidalia
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP-Process Catalysts