Advertised Employing Department: Supply Chain and Information Systems
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Department of Supply Chain and Information Systems in the College of Business at Iowa State University welcomes applications for a tenure/tenure-track Associate Professor or Full Professor to begin Fall 2017.
The SCM program has an undergraduate major of approximately 350+ students that generates roughly 150 graduates annually. The SCM faculty consists of fifteen tenured, tenure-track or professionally qualified faculty members. Primary responsibilities include both research and teaching in supply chain management at the undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. levels.
Successful applicants will be expected to maintain an outstanding research program, teach undergraduate, graduate, and PhD classes, and to assume a leadership role helping to outline the future path for this growing program. Successful applicants will participate significantly in program outreach efforts to expand relationships with supply chain companies and professional organizations. The ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current students, industry personnel, and the wider community is essential to this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Earned a PhD in business or a related field;
- A scholarly research record as evidenced by publications in top-tier journals.
The successful candidate must meet the university standards for appointment to the rank, including publications in premier journals in supply chain management or related fields and demonstrated ability as a successful classroom teacher.
In addition to the above, applicants for Full Professor must also have a strong national and international scholarly reputation
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Very strong supply chain oriented research record evidenced by publications in leading academic journals;
- Work experience with responsibilities related to operations management, logistics, or supply chain management;
- Sustained record of excellence in teaching and the ability to teach a variety of SCM courses; including a variety of logistics and operations management classes at undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D. levels; experience supervising and placing graduate students;
- Demonstrated skill in developing and expanding relationships with supply chain companies and professional organizations.
The guaranteed consideration date for this position is 10/30/2016, however applications may continue to be submitted until the position is filled.
Guaranteed Consideration Date: 10/30/2016
Posting Number: 600190