Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO - a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for 1.8 million people in the Denver Metro area.
This position will work cross-functionally and assist in managing the relationships of multiple supply sources providing analytical information with respect to but not limited to delivery, quality, cost performance. The role will work to build and enhance the overall relationship between MWRD and its supply sources. Supports strategic sourcing strategies for future initiatives. Works as a liaison between stakeholders and Procurement staff to analyze, communicate and validate requirements for change to business processes, supply chain, and other supply chain related initiatives. Objectives include supplier development to optimize the supply chain and to drive performance based on KPI’s and SLA’s. Works under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing Supervisor.
1. Creates reports in support of sourcing strategy, allocation and supplier selection.
2. Supports price negotiations with the supplier through the creation and analysis of supplier price books.
3. Maintains effective supplier relationships and communication with external suppliers.
4. Collaborates with Sourcing Specialists to assist with supplier scorecards, measuring all aspects of supplier’s performance. This will include cost, delivery, and quality at a minimum. Presents results with suppliers and internal MWRD team in regular business reviews.
5. Facilitates partnership through monitoring supplier performance and risk through score carding and business reviews.
6. Manages weekly and monthly data to monitor supplier performance, identify cost reduction opportunities, and create competition. Works hand in hand with internal teams to ensure suppliers are performing and kept cost competitive.
7. Supports operational activities of supplier management include communicating and resolving daily issues between internal organizations and suppliers.
8. Builds strong internal relationships and be able work collectively/collaboratively across the organization.
9. Runs system queries and reports both regularly and ad-hoc, upon request and as needed. Queries and reports will provide information both internally and externally on financial investment in products, vendors and services.
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, logistics, business administration or related field. Equivalent combination of work experience and education (see below). Three (3) years of experience in public or private purchasing. Work experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Strong knowledge of materials control, local sources of supply, marketing practices and pricing methods. Effective communication skills with all levels of management, key personnel and suppliers. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and vendors. Excellent knowledge of purchasing laws, rules and regulations.
Equivalency equals two years of directly related professional experience for every year of education not completed. The stated experience requirement is in addition to any experience used to meet the education equivalency. For this position, in addition to the required five years or more of work experience in a role with public or private purchasing operations related responsibilities, equivalency would be an Associate's Degree plus four years of directly related professional experience or nine years of directly related experience without a degree.
Master's degree in business or related field. Accreditation as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or related equivalent. More than 6 years of Procurement experience directly managing the procurement cycle within capital equipment procurement categories. Proven track record developing and implementing strategic commodity plans in any category of spend. Ability to perform spending analysis of capital equipment categories and partner with the business to identify areas for supplier rationalization. Proficiency in serving as the point of contact for both internal customers and vendors.
Strong aptitude to develop strong relationships with related department leads, working with them to improve the strategic sourcing process and promote early engagement.
Additional Salary Information: COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS package includes paid vacation/sick/personal leave,
comprehensive health/dental/vision/life/LTD/AD&D insurances, 6% match on 401(a) savings plan,
optional deferred compensation program, reimbursed health/fitness & educational assistance plus
optional pet insurance, legal plan, identity theft coverage, and critical illness insurance.