Responsible for the purchasing activities to achieve cost targets, warehouse working capital targets for assigned commodity groups and projects, and management of the supply base.
Responsible to enable quality materials and services to be sourced / released with industry leading efficiency and cycle times. Sole contributor role with coordination and facilitation with extended cross-functional teams, supporting Commodity Management in achievement of the overall Procurement goals.
· Tactical management of assigned commodity groups, focusing on MRO supply chain
· Supports the strategic purchasing activities of others
· Leading the creation and implementation of Optimized Processes.
· Develops an understanding of the capabilities of existing supply base to facilitate the day-to-day management of commercial matters
· Execution of assigned purchasing projects, since inception to execution
· Participates in cross-functional and continuous improvement activities
· Negotiate purchasing terms and conditions with suppliers
· Data gathering, analysis and report preparation as required
· Provides specialized purchasing expertise to support functions
· Support the supplier development activities of others, as required
· Daily purchasing and material expediting, when needed
· Representing the company, facility, department, or the purchasing manager, as required
· Compliance with the company's business conduct guidelines
· Drive working capital targets by partnering with Operations, Warehouse and Supplier
· Monitors supplier Key Performance Indicators
Cost effective, protection of company assets, and uninterrupted flow of goods and services
Cost Reduction Projects
Reduced cost burden to the facility without compromise of product or service quality or availability
Supplier Evaluation and Management
Improved supplier performance
· Elimination of weak suppliers
Participation in Cross-Functional and Continuous Activities
· Facility represented on key Constellium sponsored procurement projects
Daily Purchasing Activities
· Daily MRP review of repair inventory, to include decision making regarding new purchase vs. repair, optimum stocking levels, etc.
· Coordinate return with storeroom manager and technical buyer
· Negotiate and monitor pricing for repair, adjust purchase order as needed
· Hands on inventory management and identification
· Responsible for direct purchases for Main Admin, IT, Safety, EHS, HR, Engineering
· Work closely with vendors to identify inventory for cost savings
· Management of the 3 way match process (Purchase Orders, Receipts, Invoices)
· Continued supply of goods and materials to the plant
Working Capital optimization
· Constantly drive inventory value down and maximize working capital
· Lead activities in conjunction with Warehouse, Operations and Supplier to reduce inventory levels
· Per department goals and objectives
· All operating and staff departments
· Suppliers(both current and prospective) at multiple levels
· Purchasing personnel throughout the company
· Trade associations
· Professional associations
· Government agencies associated with import/export activities
· General understanding of plant equipment and operations
· Able to Interface and communicate with all levels of plant personnel
· Experience with use of spreadsheets and databases
· Proficient in SAP Materials Management (MM), and Microsoft Office required
· 3 to 5 years experience in Procurement in Industrial settings
· 4-year degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management is required
· Professional certifications (CPM, APICS, P.E.) a benefit
All types of problem solving required-collaborative, independent and unique-frequently without precedent. Must have ability to gather and analyze all types of data.
Day-to-day normal sole responsibility. More complex activities frequently require buy in from various stakeholder and the oversight of the purchasing lead.
The job functions as a contributor to the purchasing function for a facility of 1000 plus employees. It requires a thorough knowledge of all purchasing practices, policies, and procedures as well as the ability to collect and analyze data.
Resolution of material related problems within the facility is a key element of this job. Consequently, an understanding of plant equipment and processes is desired, as well as a working knowledge of logistics and supplier capabilities.
• Constellium is a world-class franchise, with strong customer relationships, a history of innovation/R&D and a broad asset footprint
• Global sector-leader developing and fabricating innovative, value-added aluminum products
• Positioned in diversified end-markets including aerospace, automotive and transportation, packaging (can sheet) and building
• Strong presence in ...key segments including co-#1 worldwide in aerospace and leader in engineered and armored plates, #1 in European beverage can and large extruded profiles
• With 8,850 employees located in 26 Countries, Constellium is organized around 3 main operating business units: Aerospace &Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (PARP) and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I). €3,6 Billion in revenues.
• Constellium operates 24 production facilities located in Europe, the US and China, comprising a high quality, non-replicable manufacturing base, complemented by leading recycling capabilities
• The business’ competitive advantage is underpinned by proprietary technologies and leading innovation capabilities, driven by a world-class R&D center in France
• Product portfolio mostly focused on highly value-added products with strong technological content
• Constellium finalized the acquisition of Wise Metals, located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, with a closing signature in January 5, 2015. Together with the Muscle Shoals colleagues, we are on a collective adventure to build the most robust and fastest growing company in our industry.