Act as subject matter expert for maintenance and contractor safety within the procurement organization. Responsibilities - Assisting in the scoping and leveraging specs of work orders. Manage and prioritize demands. Build and leverage relationships in the APU, maintenance and engineering organization. Lead or be a major contributor for all assigned continuous improvement projects.
Responsible to enable quality services to be sourced / released with industry leading efficiency and cycle times. Sole contributor role with coordination and facilitation with extended cross-functional teams, supporting Commodity Management in achievement of the overall Procurement goals.
· Manage and prioritize demands, verify scope and spec of project
· Determine if item is make or buy, i.e: can the item be fabricated by central shop
· Prepare RFP/RFQ and lead projects from inception to execution following strategic sourcing methodology
· Issue purchase order once requisition is issued by Project Manager
· Tactical management of assigned APU and responsibilities
· Supports the strategic purchasing activities and help backfill procurement vacancies.
· Develops an understanding of the capabilities of existing supply base to facilitate the day-to-day management of commercial matters
· Execution of assigned purchasing projects
· Participates in cross-functional and continuous improvement activities
· Data gathering, analysis and report preparation as required
· Provides specialized purchasing expertise to support functions
· Support the supplier development activities of others, as required
· Compliance with the company's business conduct guidelines
· Manage the contractor safety responsibilities
· Leading the creation and implementation of Optimized Processes.
· Cost effective, uninterrupted flow of goods and services to the facility
· KPI – zero shortages that lead to downtime
Cost Reduction Projects
· Reduced cost burden to the facility without compromise of product or service quality or availability
· KPIs – cost savings and cost avoidance targets
Supplier Qualification and Evaluation Management
· Improved supplier performance
· Elimination of non performance suppliers
· KPIs – reduce SAP supplier base
Build relationships and stay current with APU and maintenance activities
· KPIs – attend APU flash meetings
Participation in Cross-Functional and Continuous Activities
· Facility represented on key Constellium sponsored procurement projects
· Place a procurement mind set in front of the buying cycle
· Bring a competitive environment to the Maintenance and MRO purchasing area
· General understanding of plant equipment and operations
· Able to Interface and communicate with all levels of plant personnel
· Experience with use of spreadsheets and databases
· Proficient in SAP Materials Management (MM), and Microsoft Office required
· 7 to 10 years experience in Procurement in Industrial settings
· 4-year degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management is required
· Professional certifications (CPM, APICS, P.E.) a benefit
All types of problem solving required-collaborative, independent and unique-frequently without precedent. Must have ability to gather and analyze all types of data.
Day-to-day self-sufficient accountabilities. More complex activities frequently require buy in from various internal customers and the oversight of the purchasing lead.
The job functions as a contributor to the Procurement organization for a facility of 1200 plus employees. It requires a thorough knowledge of all purchasing practices, policies, and procedures as well as the ability to collect and analyze data.
Resolution of material related problems within the facility is a key element of this job. Consequently, an understanding of plant equipment and processes is desired, as well as a working knowledge of logistics and supplier capabilities.
Be familiar with contract legal language and terminology. Understand company requirements for protection from loss, insurance requirements, indemnity, etc.
· Per department goals and objectives
· All operating and staff departments (maintenance, engineering, EHS, HR, etc)
· Purchasing personnel throughout the company
· Suppliers(both current and prospective) at multiple levels
· Trade associations
· Professional associations
· Government agencies associated with import/export activities
• Constellium is a world-class franchise, with strong customer relationships, a history of innovation/R&D and a broad asset footprint
• Global sector-leader developing and fabricating innovative, value-added aluminum products
• Positioned in diversified end-markets including aerospace, automotive and transportation, packaging (can sheet) and building
• Strong presence in ...key segments including co-#1 worldwide in aerospace and leader in engineered and armored plates, #1 in European beverage can and large extruded profiles
• With 8,850 employees located in 26 Countries, Constellium is organized around 3 main operating business units: Aerospace &Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (PARP) and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I). €3,6 Billion in revenues.
• Constellium operates 24 production facilities located in Europe, the US and China, comprising a high quality, non-replicable manufacturing base, complemented by leading recycling capabilities
• The business’ competitive advantage is underpinned by proprietary technologies and leading innovation capabilities, driven by a world-class R&D center in France
• Product portfolio mostly focused on highly value-added products with strong technological content
• Constellium finalized the acquisition of Wise Metals, located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, with a closing signature in January 5, 2015. Together with the Muscle Shoals colleagues, we are on a collective adventure to build the most robust and fastest growing company in our industry.