Area Freight Sales Manager will provide strategic guidance in their market to drive sales and impact top-line revenue. As an Area Freight Sales Manager you will have responsibility to develop, mentor and promote a strong sales team within Brokerage. This position will also successfully initiate and develop business opportunities with new customers.
· Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels within Brokerage.
· Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
· Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development and growth objectives.
· Develop and maintain the Area strategic sales plan
· Drive consistent sales performance across all sales associates with a focus on adding new customers.
· Provide regular reporting on strategic accounts and new business updates
· Manage territory alignment and threshold development for Sales team
· Constantly maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape
· Manage and communicate corporate sales initiatives to Senior Leadership
· Orientate and train new associates on the sales process
· Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential Brokerage customers to meet or exceed established thresholds.
· Prepare estimates, and bids that meet specific customer needs.
· Achieve defined transactional sales goals and development standards
· Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
· Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
· Establish relationships with customers with freight spend less than 25 million.
· Work with the Brokerage team to resolve problems and to provide ongoing support to customers.
· Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms.
Internal Business Partnerships
· Leverage operational support while working within a team to continually improve the efficiency of overall book of business.
· Develop strategic partnerships with Penske Truck Leasing and inside the Penske Logistics organization to identify cross-sell opportunities within specified market areas.
· Collaborate with the Brokerage Operations team on pricing decisions, supplier selection, timing and design for operations execution.
· Accurately track growth opportunities through a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
· Obtain customer information such as name, address, and payment method, and enter orders into Mercury Gate.
· Continually analyze Brokerage accounts to determine efficiency and profitability.
· Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of Brokerage deals to senior leadership.
· At least 6 years of sales and sales management experience required, within transportation industry preferred
· Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing or related area preferred
· Accountability to manage a sales team
· Demonstrated ability in consultative and strategic selling techniques, including previous experience in articulating / presenting products and services to C-level executives both verbally and in writing.
· Successful track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
· Ability to meet & exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals.
· Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
· Strong negotiation and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work independently, detail orientation, prioritization skills, and organizational skills are required
· Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
· Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
· The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
Consider Penske for your next career move. Penske offers dynamic career opportunities in virtually every field and profession. We're always seeking high-performance people with a deep passion for customer service and high ethical standards.
Sound like you?