Brendan Ravenhill Studio is seeking to hire a Pre Production Inventory Specialist to join our growing studio. The Pre Production Inventory Specialist plays a critical role in the operations of the studio, acting as a key liaison between the communications, production, finance and design departments. The studio’s success in a smoothly running supply chain and delivering high quality products on time and on budget is reliant on the skills, hustle, and intelligence of this team member. Balanced against this is an ability to work quickly and intelligently, communicate clearly and find creative answers to difficult problems.
Smoothly run the supply chain to meet the demands of a fluctuating production schedule.
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to support company sales projections and ensure on-time product delivery.
- Lead procurement activities including purchasing, pricing negotiations, and vendor evaluation.
- Manage and organize physical and digital inventory per best practices and established guidelines.
- Contribute to a high level of product quality by carefully transporting, auditing, and storing all parts and products.
- Collaborate with communications, production and finance teams to provide accurate lead times, communicate current inventory shortages and ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Work closely with the Pre-Production Manager to review sales forecasts and creatively meet all production planning goals and objectives.
- Work strategically to improve inventory systems and processes in order to adapt to growing business needs.
- High level of organization and initiative, and the time management skills and ability to meet the pace of rapidly growing studio.
- Expertise with QuickBooks Enterprise and/or equivalent inventory management software
- 1-2 year background in purchasing, planning, logistics, inventory control or related field
- Valid CA driver’s license -
A willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Familiarity with various fabrication processes including woodworking, metalworking, etc.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Solid Works is a plus. If this sounds like you please send an application to email@example.com with the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you want to join Brendan Ravenhill Studio, what drives you and an example of your problem solving skills as it pertains to organizing (this can be a story, a system, anything that demonstrates the way you think and work). We expect a large number of inquiries so use this letter to let us know a little bit more about what makes you perfect for this position.
Brendan Ravenhill Studio specializes in lighting, furniture and product design. Since its founding in 2010, the studio has explored material, function, and manufacturing methods to create a body of work that we hope you love. Our products are devoid of excess and ornament, striving for a logical celebration of physics, material and craft. We are inspired to create in a world already full of things... because we believe that well designed objects embody original ideas. We find great reward in making thoughtful work and we’re proud to build all of our pieces in the USA.