Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world's most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We're looking for diverse, talented team members who want to grow and challenge what's possible with us.
Who we're looking for
Toyota's Compliance & Audit Department is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Import Operations Analyst.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the strategic roles within the team and overall department objectives. The focus will be placed on daily operational, abnormal crisis management resolution, strategy formulation, and systems cross-functional integration for both internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting to the Import Operations Manager, this team member will handle daily import operations & clearance process in support of key stakeholders such as, Toyota Logistics Services (TLS), North American Manufacturing Companies (NAMC), Production Engineering (PE), R&D and North American Parts Organization (NAPO).
What you'll be doing
Daily import operations, including HTS Classification, ISF transmissions, and daily customs entry oversight
Interpret and analyze technical/physical aspects of imported goods and determine appropriate tariff classification according to the rules of the U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule
Daily import operations problem solving, crisis management, and abnormal condition resolution.
Provide recommendations and/or entry instructions to Customs Brokers for various shipments, e.g. prototype parts, vehicles, test/evaluation vehicles, vehicles for auto shows and display
Provide input on broker performance, including monitoring, KPI reporting and periodic reviews
SME for all applicable 19 CFR change-points and updates to import operations and clearance processes
Standardization, maintenance, and ongoing monitoring of all key operational procedures
Prepare statistical reports and analysis of import activities for various internal stakeholders, such as Legal, Strategic Planning, Accounting and Government/External Affairs
Support new business (trade lanes) requirements and/or establishment for internal and external stakeholders
Update import operations systems and applications for both in-house and third party systems
What you bring
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional customs and trade compliance experience
* Fundamental knowledge of customs regulations and their application to the daily import operations and the global supply chain network
* Proven ability to work with, influence, coordinate, and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong problem solving, quality, process development and kaizen (continuous improvement) mind-set
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office
Added bonus if you have:
* Graduate degree
* Customs Brokers License (LCB)
* Professional Trade Compliance Certification (e.g. CUSECO, CCS)
* Intermediate to advanced automotive HTS classification experience
* Knowledge of Integration Point or other Global Trade Management system (GTM) software
What we'll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle purchase & lease programs
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
* Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com!
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://toyota.contacthr.com/55927125